Picture thread...

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hahaha yeah the little buggers.. my first T was a P.murinus when I was 17 and I was not warned about the kind of attitude it had.. man tryin to catch that thing after it got mad and starting runnin around all over the place was one of the scariest moments of my life hahaha

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Whoa! My OBT is a sweet heart, but then again I haven't held it or anything. I changed its enclosure the other day, and it scurried halfway out of the bigger kritter keeper. But, to have one as a first T with out any clue as to their habits... No thanks! I started with pink toes. Big on the 'blink they're gone' small on the 'bitey bitey'. ;)

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hahah yeah the "bitey bitey" is a less favorable quality with the beginners :D I remember my first A.avic would always try and rub its abdomen on me which I though was cute until I discovered it was just grinding urticating hairs into my skin :) haha yeah.. how nice it is to get a bunch of spiders and be totally misinformed as to what they are like :D no problems any more though hahaha. and hey at least I never got hit by the poo cannon.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i love the first versicolor pic - she just looks so mysterious surrounded by all those waterdrops ;)

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Wow your P. metallica is looking great! I see blue! Those shots of the little B. emilia are really good, I know how small that little one is, you got some great detail of it! Cute little thing.:)

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh it only molted once since I got it from you .. so I dunno alittle ove a half inch maybe? haha teeny teeny

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here are some "better" shots of the lividum.. she still wouldnt come out cause I was there..

there!

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
and hey at least I never got hit by the poo cannon.
I got the 'poo cannon' right in the eye last night from my veriscolor sling... :mad: LOL! I just like 'poo cannon'. {D Perfectly describes it!

And, I like the purple color in the H. lividum! Awesome!

Last edited:

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ah hahahaha ROFLMFAO god no!! an eyes shot!! thats horrible! my versi is so lazy now I can see the arc of poo from where she just sticks her but out of her tube and fires across the tank.. messy Avics.. haha poo cannon :D you should make that your caption ;)

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
first off for comparison.. a pre molt pic

now the new front shots..

and another lovely butt shot as she begins to web me out.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Wow she's gorgeous! I can't wait until I can send my guy to you, too bad it will still be a while.:)

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Black Betty!

This is one of my only Tarantulas that actually has a name.. and that's because she came with it :D So first off here are some old pics of Betty from Lorgakor's pics.

and this is how I found her today!

and also I was feeling brave.. or stupid and dug out my P.cancerides for a few shots.

Last edited:

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
one of my more reclusive spiders was being good tonight and let me get a few shots of it!

Megaphobema robustum :D approx. 5"

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Wow! Betty looks awesome! I can't believe how dark she is, last time she moulted she had more of a blue tinge to her. Did she get any bigger? Love the P. cancerides too and M. robustum too, you have an awesome collection!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah she is definately bigger. I will try to re moisten the molt and open it up and then get a comparison shot of her beside it. and thank you for the collection comment but we both know who has the better collection out of the two of us dont we! haha.:D

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
your right Arachnophilist, I probably will put the P. cancerides out for everyone to enjoy. I'll just make sure the lid is on tight. BTW, I love your versi. I still have to take pics of mine but she is sub adult and does not have those awsome colors yet. I can't wait, they are so pretty.

Awsome collection man. Just awsome. :clap:

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
your right Arachnophilist, I probably will put the P. cancerides out for everyone to enjoy. I'll just make sure the lid is on tight. BTW, I love your versi. I still have to take pics of mine but she is sub adult and does not have those awsome colors yet. I can't wait, they are so pretty.

Awsome collection man. Just awsome. :clap:
well I appreciate the hell out of your comment cause I love your pic thread! haha and yeah the P.cancerides makes me uneasy more than any other T I have just because it is mean and unpredictable.. at least I know my P.murinus is just gonna sit there and threat display me! haha and yeah the cancerides is a gorgeous sp. when it is grown.. absolutely amazing for a spider I bought as "a big brown boring spider"

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
awesome pics man i really want a metallica but id almost rather buy 3 ts instead of just 1 lol. keep the pics coming:D