Pink Toe Tarantula Has not eaten in 3 months

arielgon

Arachnopeon
Dear forum members,

This is my first post of hopefully many more. Any advice you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. I have a Pink Toe spider that I have had for close to 2 years. This is the first time she has gone this long without eating.

Should I be concerned? She never comes out of web cocoon and it is now going on 4 months.

ArkanoviTigrovi

Arachnosquire
I really wouldn't worry too much. It's very common for tarantulas to go without food for LONG periods of time. Also, he/she might be in pre-molt, although I'm no expert on Avics.

axbrown

Arachnopeon
My pink toe didn't eat for three months either. She just molted two mornings ago :) so premolt is my guess

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
premolt is likely the situation... if it hasnt been out in 4 months its prob due... id mist heavily and crank up the heat... works for my ts all the time... i swear ive had 4 ts molt on 3 diff occasions EXACTLY when i wanted em to. granted, i keep molt records for all my ts, so its 50%guesswork and 50%luck... i think the heat and the moisture shock the t into molting almost.

19tarantula91

Arachnosquire
My avic has done the same thing... Give it time and it will molt and when it does they sure are pretty!

kanito107

Arachnosquire
My versi hasn't eaten in 4 weeks and it's a sling . I think it's a phase they go through haha :))) no but really I would not worry. Also my two older roseas haven eaten in 4 months either . As long as you don't see a skinny abdomen and keep them with water it will be fine

arielgon

Arachnopeon
Thank you for all the replies. pre-molt was my gut feeling, but I have 7 other tarantulas and none of them have ever gone this long without eating!

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No worries. I once had a G.rosea not eat for over 18months.

SeniorSpidieLovr

Arachnopeon
Thank you for post and responses. New keeper here. My newly acquired Avic quit eating. She has actually run away from cricket and butterworm. Last offer she grabbed cricket as if, and then drew back quickly, letting go. She is webbing and doesn't look like she's shriveling up. Wish me patience.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I had an elderly female Avicularia avicularia that fasted for 14 months before molting, and a juvenile female that fasted for 10 months before molting.

As long as she looks healthy and hydrated, I would not worry too much.

Dustyrose23

Arachnopeon
I really wouldn't worry too much. It's very common for tarantulas to go without food for LONG periods of time. Also, he/she might be in pre-molt, although I'm no expert on Avics.
Thank you for the Advice I just bought a Pink toe tarantula and he/she hasn’t not eaten since I brought them home and put them into the enclosure. They made a web and have plenty of water and they are very active in the web. So i appreciate the advice. I bought my Tarantula from a pet shop, and he/ she is very shy and runs away fast.