PLEASE!......Tell me I have an upcoming molt lol

Buggidy

Arachnopeon
I'm confused as to how you claim to have over 50 tarantulas but you don't know what a sling in pre molt looks like.

goodyt

Arachnosquire
Ummm pokies don't have all the same colors as adults so you have a lot of pokie practice to do and I don't buy anything from that genus they grow WAY TOO slow for me and they have really drab/dull brown colors I'll never find interesting

Drab colors???

-AJ

Jones0911

Arachnobaron

Drab colors???

-AJ
So from your picture and and my quote all you have proven here is that you INCORRECTLY read what I typed.

You obviously have NO CLUE that I was talking about the SLOW GROWING genus above my quote...the genus that the texas tan is from..
since when has the Pokie genus EVER been known as a slow growing genus?

Never.

---------- Post added 05-21-2014 at 10:16 PM ----------

You can't read either I said once they get their respective colors I know exactly what I have.

I DONT normally buy slings BEFORE they have any identify colors therefore I can tell you what I have besides this one because it's a sling WITHOUT the identification colors I always go by with my other Ts.

And all slings do look alike before they get any color all or most are that light brown see through color. You misread what I typed your mistake is forgiven.

And again I said in previous post if I ever get two Ts that look the same color wise I will label them other wise I don't need to.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Ok ill respond once more, say you make a purchase of slings and the seller happened to have a manic day and had accidentally shipped you the wrong slings but as far as you're aware slings a) B. albopilosum b) G. Pulchra c)B. vagans but actually sling C is in fact a B. verdezi how would you identify what spider was mixed up? They're all fairly slow growing so it could be a while before you even realised you've been sold something else instead, also look similar to B. vagans at juvenile stage how would you go about finding out what spider you've purchased?

---------- Post added 05-22-2014 at 04:42 AM ----------

All slings do NOT look alike, very broad generalisation.

Last edited:

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You obviously have NO CLUE that I was talking about the SLOW GROWING genus above my quote...the genus that the texas tan is from..
You wrote about Poecis, slow growth and drab/dull in the same sentence with no mention of other genera.

You can't read either I said once they get their respective colors I know exactly what I have.
That may have been what you meant, but that's not what you said.

You misread what I typed your mistake is forgiven.
The mistake is that you haven't learned to adequately present your thoughts so that others can interpret your intent.
I apologize, I tend to forget that English is a second language for many people on these boards.

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
This dude, why do you bother asking people anything here? You're always rude and arrogant whenever you get a bit of advice you don't like, why keep asking those people for help?

Is she in premolt? Seriously, after a year of 50 odd T's and all the knowledge you claim to have and still making those kinds of threads? Very confusing.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
This dude, why do you bother asking people anything here? You're always rude and arrogant whenever you get a bit of advice you don't like, why keep asking those people for help?

Is she in premolt? Seriously, after a year of 50 odd T's and all the knowledge you claim to have and still making those kinds of threads? Very confusing.
I was going to say something like this but feel as though I've said it multiple times to him before so I refrained from doing so. Also stop making masses of threads talking on similar topics keep the clutter condensed.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Some time last year I brought a Brachypelma species*or maybe it was a Grammostola species whatever it was here it is below hopefully going to molt within a month from now....anyone can confirm my molt theories?

I don't label my Ts because I usually can tell exactly what they are by just looking at them because I usually pick the ones who have distinctive coloring and anyone can usually name them within seconds of seeing them.

I know this is for sure only one of the two genus' I labeled above because in June it will be a year I have had this sling and it has yet to molt lol.

As far as I know these are the only two that take forever to molt besides the
Aphonopelma* genus but I don't want any of those.....ever lol.

And he molted!

not too much different from the previous skin he was in but a molt nonetheless.

Thanks for the help Upgrader, Storm, and Keith B Anyone else who gave positive feed back it's greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ummm pokies don't have all the same colors as adults so you have a lot of pokie practice to do and I don't buy anything from that genus they grow WAY TOO slow for me
I have a p.regalis what went from a hatching to a 4 inch female in 7 months. These are not even remotely slow growing.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I have a p.regalis what went from a hatching to a 4 inch female in 7 months. These are not even remotely slow growing.
Tcks when I said that quote I DIDNT add the genus of species I was talking about however said genus WAS in the post directly above the one you quoted.

Did you read ALL the posts then use deductive reasoning based on what you know about your pokie and EVERY genus mentioned in this post UP TO THAT quote you quoted then responded to?

No you didn't and a few others in here didn't either all I ask is that yall read EVERY post and SEE every genus mentioned in this thread BEFORE responding :)

The genus I was referring to was Aphonopelma..which is metioned on the FIRST page of this thread

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tcks when I said that quote I DIDNT add the genus of species I was talking about however said genus WAS in the post directly above the one you quoted.

Did you read ALL the posts then use deductive reasoning based on what you know about your pokie and EVERY genus mentioned in this post UP TO THAT quote you quoted then responded to?

No you didn't and a few others in here didn't either all I ask is that yall read EVERY post and SEE every genus mentioned in this thread BEFORE responding :)

The genus I was referring to was Aphonopelma..which is metioned on the FIRST page of this thread
Sorry, my mistake.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Here's two recent pictures of this baby, molted a few days ago.

Also is it just me or is there a mystery white patch on the abdomen?

Can someone tell me what the patch is if I'm not seeing things.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Looks to me like the normal "mirror patch" these have. It's the area with the urticating hairs actually for this spp.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Looks to me like the normal "mirror patch" these have. It's the area with the urticating hairs actually for this spp.
Thanks most of the time when I see the bald spot on my tarantulas they are brown and not white that is why I asked

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Is it a wet molt boo boo?

It shows in the second picture, but not the first, making it appear to be a mirror patch

goodoldneon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's two recent pictures of this baby, molted a few days ago.

Also is it just me or is there a mystery white patch on the abdomen?

Can someone tell me what the patch is if I'm not seeing things.

So many tarantulas, yet so little knowledge.

You might want to consider thinking twice before seeking further advice from the very same people you spent a thread berating.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So many tarantulas, yet so little knowledge.

You might want to consider thinking twice before seeking further advice from the very same people you spent a thread berating.
This^

Mirror patches are pretty common on pulchripes if I'm not mistaken.