Poecilotheria: ventral sexing vs. dorsal sexing

iCookBacon

Arachnopeon
Folio pic (2).jpg
20140102_215843.jpg

Any guesses on this? I've posted to the epiandrous fusillae boards and (almost) everyone says male.

That folio just looks like it's gonna be a girl. =3

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It is a male. On p metallica you cant use the folio, they look almost the same on both sexes. Many have made this mistake and try to dorsally sex p metallica. But hopefully you have a female ready soon ;-)

iCookBacon

Arachnopeon
It is a male. On p metallica you cant use the folio, they look almost the same on both sexes. Many have made this mistake and try to dorsally sex p metallica. But hopefully you have a female ready soon ;-)
Man, I wish I did. The idea of sending this one off is stressing me out. I've been debating on whether I should sell him and buy another sling or risk loaning him out for 50/50. One guarantees at least one sling and the other is risky bidness.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Man, I wish I did. The idea of sending this one off is stressing me out. I've been debating on whether I should sell him and buy another sling or risk loaning him out for 50/50. One guarantees at least one sling and the other is risky bidness.
On top of that they are not easy to get sacs from, but not impossible of course. They do need to be tricked to do it.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi can someone help me with my regalis? Tryed to get they as clear as I could :)
You might get better results posting in the correct location.

Try posting in Tatantula Sexing >>Epiandrous fusillae sexing.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Anyway the spider is female, and we need to figure out how to tell people HEY WE HAVE AN AREA WHERE YOU CAN SEX TARANTULAS SO YOU DONT SPAM

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Anyway the spider is female, and we need to figure out how to tell people HEY WE HAVE AN AREA WHERE YOU CAN SEX TARANTULAS SO YOU DONT SPAM
That is true!

But at the very least it seems s/he used the search function, which not doing so is a bigger issue if you ask me. ;)