Genus Poecilotheria

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dewaine said:
This is an amazing spider. Would it be a good choice for my second tarantula? How aggressive is it?
Wouldn't reccomend it, pokies are never good for a second spider due to their venom strength, temperment, speed and above all price...maybe a cheap regalis sling for a 5th or so

Good luck, Davaros ;P

BEN-V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Poecilotheria ornata "blue form" or "purple form", adult female, Sri Lanka :

Poecilotheria miranda, ultimate male, Bengal :

BEN-V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
zoidx_chung said:
how u get a blue/purple form ornata?

There are two forms of P. ornata : the classic one and the blue/purple one. This is a natural form as the regalis "hairy form" or the metallica "black form". You can bye those ornata at the tarantulas shows in Germany (Hamm, Stuttgart,...) for example. They cost about 3 times the price of the classic form.

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BEN-V said:
There are two forms of P. ornata : the classic one and the blue/purple one. This is a natural form as the regalis "hairy form" or the metallica "black form". You can bye those ornata at the tarantulas shows in Germany (Hamm, Stuttgart,...) for example. They cost about 3 times the price of the classic form.
Whats the average price on those ???

BEN-V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Slings are about 4 - 5€ piece for the classic form, 10 - 15€ for the blue form.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
BEN-V said:
Can someone import those to the U.S., please! :eek:

zoidx_chung

Arachnopeon
BEN-V said:
too bad i cant get it here:(

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats a very purple ornata.. i guess you used the cameras flash hehe

ususally they dont look very diffrent from the normal ones, just the diff on femur leg IV

Sören>> I have never heard of the P. regais "hairy form", do you have pictures?
Is that also a locality differense?

urs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P.metallica molted yesterday. After checking the moult, I found it that it is a male.:(

Best regards Uros

urs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does this looks like male? Always hard to tell with pokies.:wall:
I didn't see any in moult.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards Uros

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi

The Pokie's spermatheca is very small. You hardly found in bigger exuvie. How big is it ?

urs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi!

It's about 6cm legspan! I didn't looked under microscop do!

Best regards Uros