poll- whats your underated specie?

awiec

Arachnoprince
I think mine would be my P. Sp Purple. I dont see speqk of them much, nor see alot for sale.. i fell in love with this sp on a herp site. The colors cought me ofcourse.. then a little light reading... medium groth rate, if not slow imo. But hs a nice appitite hardly refusing a meal. Mine seems pretty calm unless i scare him then he only jumps and looks at me. Like "wtf was that". Never flicks, never threat displayed twards me. And just a kool little guy all around.. i wish i found more for decent prices id nab them up :)
Mine is pretty cool, I picked it up about 8 months ago and its already 3 inches and is due for another molt. Mine really is only defensive during rehouses and just chills above its massive tunnel system.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Mine is pretty cool, I picked it up about 8 months ago and its already 3 inches and is due for another molt. Mine really is only defensive during rehouses and just chills above its massive tunnel system.
Mine hasnt even made a tunnel he made one divit to molt he just chills i gota move him this next molt maybe sooner he just hit prob 2.75 area last month x3

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Haplopelmas: schmidti and albostriatum. Gorgeous spiders that should be much more available.
hmm. Where i am in new york the albostriatum is pretty common my lps usualy has them . I love the look of schmidtii but i cant justify spending that much money on such obligate burrowers. Recently however i saw a reference to a species of haplopelma that was semi arboreal do you have any idea what species it would be. I cant remeber where i read that.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
o word id love to see it ! Thanks
Well i did a booboo i dropped in a roach hoping for better pics and scared him, as looks like its in premolt.. but heres some pics

Last 2 are from befor last molt 9/5 25 days befor last molt

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Wow hes a head turner. Im surprised how well the purple comes thru. Id love to c one in person. How much do they go for and if you know of anyone that has any please pm me there info. Id love to add on or two or of those to my collection! Thanks again bro amazeing t!

cold blood

Staff member
Wow hes a head turner. Im surprised how well the purple comes thru. Id love to c one in person. How much do they go for and if you know of anyone that has any please pm me there info. Id love to add on or two or of those to my collection! Thanks again bro amazeing t!
P. cancerides slings are blueish as well, very similar.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
out
Yea i read some people think sp purple is cancerides with prettier colors ;p
ive never raised them from slings and out of the four ive owned 1 sub male died one female 5 inches i traded off . The other two however were males bought at the same time from the same store and recieved in the same shipment so im assuming they were from the same locality. One matured out very coppery and the other was very dark purple. Ne ideas? Different species same range or different color phase maybe?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
out ive never raised them from slings and out of the four ive owned 1 sub male died one female 5 inches i traded off . The other two however were males bought at the same time from the same store and recieved in the same shipment so im assuming they were from the same locality. One matured out very coppery and the other was very dark purple. Ne ideas? Different species same range or different color phase maybe?
Very possible i know i read alot of people had doubts about these guys being their own sp. It could be a locality difference. Could be individual T's..

Kinda like i have a ~5" female gbb shes a super deep dark blue carapas and legs. And breeder said she molted lil over a month ago. Yet my buddy has a fem gbb ~4" who's bright green carapas with blue legs.. and my males 3.5" teal carapas and blue legs.. but we know gbbs come from around same area. So its most likely just the genes or random draw on colors :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Very possible i know i read alot of people had doubts about these guys being their own sp. It could be a locality difference. Could be individual T's..

Kinda like i have a ~5" female gbb shes a super deep dark blue carapas and legs. And breeder said she molted lil over a month ago. Yet my buddy has a fem gbb ~4" who's bright green carapas with blue legs.. and my males 3.5" teal carapas and blue legs.. but we know gbbs come from around same area. So its most likely just the genes or random draw on colors :)
thats crazy i dont know a hell of a lot about gbbs i raised one from a sling a few years back and sold it @ about 4in. It looked like most of the pics out there. She was crazy id pop the top and shed run out then run right back in over and over again. She would never go more than a few inches away then right back in ! It was halarious to watch! I regret gettin rid of her all the time!

awiec

Arachnoprince
Well i did a booboo i dropped in a roach hoping for better pics and scared him, as looks like its in premolt.. but heres some pics

Last 2 are from befor last molt 9/5 25 days befor last molt

I recall mine was very blue as a sling, almost like velvet. It now has a tannish carapace, some reddish setae on the abdomen and bluish-purple legs. I will have to get a good picture of him after a molt, these grow at super speed as in 8 months he(it) has gone fomr .75 to 3 inches and is going to molt very soon.

i hadnt heard of those before and just googled them there gorgeous! How much do they usualy go for and do you no any one that has them for sale
Swifts had them as slings for around $30-40 at one point. I found mine as a show, granted I over paid but the vendor was using her as a handle specimen and someone almost dropped her so I decided that she would be safer with me, best $100 I've spent on a spider. Mine is probably an older girl as shes about 4.25-4.5 inches (probably the max size) and I hope to have her for a while so I can breed her. As Cold blood said, $50 for a young female is not a bad deal but finding a proper one is hard, there is even variation as my girl has a little more gold fleck on the carapace than his does. They are also sold as T.cyaneum as well (what mine was called when I got her) so keep an eye out. They are confused with H.sp Blue too but their red rump is very prominent and allows you to easily tell them apart.

+1 to everything. Way too rare and difficult to find and way too often the ones you find for sale are misidentified. Hard to find them, but when you do they are not terribly expensive. Mine was a young adult female that I paid 50 bucks for.

Could make an ideal first t and a great addition to any collection IMO.

Funny Ash, mine has never dug, or even moved sub around a bit.
She digs all the time, she has been systematically digging in each corner each week. She hides during the day but is a very active builder in the evening. I would say maybe its an affect of her being stuck in one of those little expo containers for some time and she is utilizing all the room my 5 gallon cage has to offer.

Last edited: