Pricing for Puerto Rican Giant Centipiede

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Science may have answered the question some time ago but it makes sense to me that if the big red one is alternans, it might be not announced from the formal scientific end. Many don’t care about the hobby in the way we do here, more into taxonomy, getting excited to get a dead pede in the mail. Not my kind of review, “The centipede showed up nice and dead, perfect!” So can’t you see somebody in a lab say, “aaahhhhhh, dangit, it’s alternans after all.”, and just throw it away. Not much motive in announcing something that’s already been described. It’d be nice if it is a diff sps, just sayin.

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Holy crap, I'm out here offering people $1000.00 for a single Hispaniola and these idiots just kill it. God I hate some people and the mass stupidity that exists in this world... ��

---------- Post added 11-22-2015 at 07:08 AM ----------

There is no scientific literature I have come across proving or disproving it to be Alternans but IMO if you look at the first tergite after the cephalic plate, it is clear from the obvious structure of the whole region of the body is definitive only to Alternans. Now I'm no pede expert let alone true pede scientist but I can tell you if you have a few Alternans like a Florida and a Hatian type knocked out in front of you, which I recently did, it does not take a scientist to see the similarities between both those types and the pede they call Hisaniola. Though I have never had a Hispaniola and so I haven't ever had a true 1 on 1 close up inspections of its upper body. I feel that could give me definitive proof but the things are so freaking hard to get ahold of. Mannn, That video was super upsetting on a lot of levels. To me it's like they just killed a person and lite $100.00s of bucks on fire at the same time. Probably the worst video ever made. Maybe I just have a weak stomach to that sort of thing. Thanks for sharing none the less.
"Look at Its stinger." Ugh It's really hard to watch nice pedes like this one get stomped :(

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The going rate on these is around $300 to $450, but as the supply of them grows in Europe and they enter the U.S. more, watch the price fall over the next 1-2 years to $125 to $175.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Kronmuller is apparently working on it so we may see a paper soon.