Psalmopoeus cambridgei – a must have

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

MrT,

at the moment I have put the eggsack in something like an incubator: a small box, with a hammok and wet paper towel on the ground under the hammok for the humidity. The whole box I have put at a warm place. (see the photo below).

I don't know how many offspings my females usuall get, because I have stoped to remove the eggsacks and even the slings from the females a few years ago. Too much work! =;-) Only this time I have removed the eggsack to make some photos for my photo collection. Normally I let "hatch" the eggsacks in the females tank and take only the ones out of the tank which I give away, for example when someone visits me and is interested in a free gift. Overhere you almost can't sell P. cambridgei slings anymore (you get 0,5 to max. 1 $ for each), because it's bred very often. => a too common species for the most "collectors". =;-( But it's till one of my fav. T's.
According to an article about the genus Psalmopoeus, 80 - 130 slings are in the normal range. Maybe I will count mine in the next days, just to get some more datas about this species.

all the best,
Martin

Attachments

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

and a photo I took one or two years ago: my biggest female (btw, the one which died last week) with larvaes which "hatched" in the tank

Attachments

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
WOW!

Those are AWSOME pics! I love my chevie, and will soon get more! Let us know how many you have altogether! Thanks,

James

shmidti

Arachnopeon
P.CAM.

Martin,
To answer your question P. cam gets to be 7 inches.
P. Irminia gets up to 6.5 inches.

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
eggsw/leggs

Great Eggs with Legs closeup pics!!! Here's a pic of my last
C. thorelli eggsack, eggs a little more developed, dark eye spots are evident.

Congrats on the successful breeding! One of my favorites as well, fast growing, fiesty T's!

N-Joy
Art