Psalmopoeus cambridgei Vs. Psalmopoeus irminia

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I got my juvenile female P.irminia for what would be 12 EUR today. I was reluctant to get one, given their temper, but just couldn't resist. Considering that we both survived two moults and one rehousing intact, I'd say I'm not doing that bad. I have to confirm that irminias are generally reclusive and territorial - mine tends to flash-step into her 'lair' and threaten from there. When she's out and about, it's a beautiful sight.
With them being readily available, their speed and temper, as well as stunning overall looks there's a reason why they're suggested so often as a stepping-stone towards higher strung arboreals. Considering my couple girls here show completely different personalities as well and "Firali" showed me today just -how- much she was annoyed by me trying to get her out eventually for a photo session by jetting out of her hideout and firmly biting the straw I tried to direct her with. She's now having a new "roommate" in form of said straw as she took it with her into her hide, lol :D. I can only hope your girl stays on the more mellow side, Hydra, hehe :D

Gotta get that thing out tomorrow...grmbl.

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
...and now you know why this genus stuck with me! Even with how unpredictable they are, they're awesome spiders. Fast, with a temper, but once you get somewhat used to those particular behavioral patterns and apply common sense, it's indeed an awesome genus. Which reminds me that I still need to get the others of genus...grmbl. Or...maybe a 3rd irminia :D
I am in the same boat....once I have a female Cambridgei and Irminia, I will be going full tilt after P. Pulchers! This genus is one that I could imagine owning multiples of each species and never getting bored with them. Heck, P. Irminia is the species that is responsible for me getting involved in this hobby so I will always have a soft spot for them...and will always have one or more in my collection!!

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm hoping to acquire a female irminia someday. I have one cambridgei sling and am getting a few more soon. Hopefully at least one ends up being female.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
With slings being that cheap and the adults readily reproducing in captivity, I'm pretty sure there are numerous people that you could get them from. Just get a 3+ slings and at least one will likely be a female. They grow quickly, in a couple years at the latest you'd have a beautiful adult. With more or less of a temper. And speed. :D