Psalmopoeus irminia

Driller64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh, yeah! You have -no- idea how fast Chilobrachys, Haplos and the like are - until you have seen it with your own eyes! My big fimbriatus girl is pretty chill generally, but if she gets fired up you have to be on your top to prevent her from running all over the place! And I rather not get tagged by her either...would suck.
You forgot about Ceratogyrus. You have no idea how many times I had to chase my late C. darlingi sling around the desk that I keep my Ts on and once I even had to let it crawl on my hand to get it back in its cage. I also have had trouble with my GBB cause it runs out of its cage sometimes. But I've always had a catch cup nearby fortunately.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You forgot about Ceratogyrus. You have no idea how many times I had to chase my late C. darlingi sling around the desk that I keep my Ts on and once I even had to let it crawl on my hand to get it back in its cage. I also have had trouble with my GBB cause it runs out of its cage sometimes. But I've always had a catch cup nearby fortunately.
My list wasn't meant to be complete, just a few examples.

P langenbucheri are communal? Interesting. I need to get a few then.
Apparently, they were found very close to each other in the wild even, suggesting they're communal from what I read. Now if I could only find that paper again in which it said that...

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You forgot about Ceratogyrus. You have no idea how many times I had to chase my late C. darlingi sling around the desk that I keep my Ts on and once I even had to let it crawl on my hand to get it back in its cage.
I've had a lot of Ceratogyrus, slings to adults, and never had them run out of their cages. The adults especially tend to stay out in the open and not move when I take the lid off. I drop crickets in, they grab them. I change the water bowl and there's minimal reaction. Easy-going by African standards. Slings are faster and more prone to run, but even so as long as they have a secure retreat to run into, they don't seem to want to go anywhere else.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think you really need to not get anymore fast moving/defensive species, especially OW species, until you've gotten some more experience. You should never have to do any of what you just mentioned in the quote above. Period. Do you really think that all of us who keep pokies, psalmos, and baboon species have to do this every time we do a cage transfer? It's just extremely unnecessary,

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I have 48 irminia slings, so I certainly hope people still want this species lol

They're definitely one of my favorites. Large, beautiful T's.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I have 48 irminia slings, so I certainly hope people still want this species lol

They're definitely one of my favorites. Large, beautiful T's.

Beautiful indeed, but not so large.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
They're big by my standards.

What, are you into dwarves? Irmina's not even 'big' by Psalmopoeus standards. I'd say 5-6" for T's in general is about average, 4" would be small, and 7" would be large. 8"+ tends to be called giant or goliath.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Irminia is considered average sized. As said above, anything 7 inches or larger is considered " large" on the size spectrum for tarantulas.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Irminia is considered average sized. As said above, anything 7 inches or larger is considered " large" on the size spectrum for tarantulas.
I really thought putting "by my standards" made it my opinion, and not a declaration of anything more.