Pseudouroctonus reddelli - Texas Cave Scorpion - From birth to adult!

Redellimom

Arachnosquire
I am really enjoying this thread. I agree that the first C. vittatus you found looks like it's on its last leg.
Thank you! And I wish I had kept the poor old girl, but she should spend her last days (weeks, months?? years????) enjoying her freedom. :)

Redellimom

Arachnosquire
So it's been a few days, lol. But Marcelene popped out about 45 babies or so on the 15th. I have pictures on my other computer but have been having issues with it so haven't been able to post them yet. They molted today, so 10 days old now and bigger. Marcelene looks like she is wearing a baby suit. :) Scorpinox's babies left her about the same time Marcie popped, and in total there were 28 of them. I traded half of them to the lps for an Avicularia versicolor sling :D. I still have 14 more and they are getting nice and fat. They are also now in deli cups as the scorpartment was drying out too fast. Now only a psuedoscorpion lives in the scorpartment by itself. Last Wednesday I found about 4 more P. redelli while out on the property and decided to keep one of them, one that is lighter, more red and less chocolately. Named her Wednesday. I have some photos of her next to Scorpinox to show the color variation. I also moved Scorpinox, Wednesday and Octavius into a 5 gallon critter keeper decked out with rocks, pieces of oak bark, lichen-covered sticks. leaves and a fake cactus. So far no trouble, and they are all very active at night, coming out as soon as the lights go off. When I get my camera batteries charged I will see if I can download some more pictures. This week I am getting two S. donensis slings and an unidentified AZ scorp from kent the bug guy- excited! It is apparently very true, scorpions are like potato chips, can't have just one, or just two, or just 5....lol. Pictures soon!

---------- Post added 10-25-2014 at 12:32 PM ----------

OK it seems I am having trouble attaching images now. :( Will try to figure it out soon

Redellimom

Arachnosquire
Sorry folks, I had to remove some photos so I could attach some new ones. I am going to upload some of the better ones to my gallery so they can be viewed there. Anyway, here are some of MArcie the day she had her babies:
DSCN0290.jpg
DSCN0298.jpg
RSCN0495.jpg

Redellimom

Arachnosquire
Update!

So it's been a while but i thought I would go ahead and do an update on how the little ones are doing. I did sell half of Scorpinox's brood to the local reptile shop and when Marcies's babies reached 2i and left her (at about 2.5 weeks old) I set them up (with the remaining of Scorpinox's brood) in two containers for communal rearing. I have not seen any aggression towards each other, no cannibalism and only maybe 2-3 losses due to me accidentally squishing them under the edge of a bark hide (oops...). They even huddle together in a pile sometimes like they used to on mom's back. They are eating ferociously on 1 day to 2 week old crickets (occasionally I'll throw in a couple older, pre-killed ones) and termites. They are still all 2i (even the lat of the brood born on 9/28) and quite tiny. But lovely!
On a recent field-collecting trip of mine, i found 3 4i or possibly 5i juveniles, one 3i juvenile (left it there) and three more adults. I parted with the adults and gave them to a friend so he could start trying to breed them. Right now, I have all 4 of the adults in a 5 gallon critter keeper with tons of bark and rocks and hiding places, and have not have any trouble with them set up this ay. They get crix and roaches often to prevent cannibalism as well.I may be attempting a cool-off period for them starting the next month. But we''ll see.
Here's some pictures of some of the 2i babies:
babyscorpfeeding.jpg
In this one, I promise I am not squishing the one under my thumb, it just crawled there to get away from the light, :p
babyscorpthumb.jpg
babyscorps.jpg
And here's Marcelene in her "baby suit" when her brood of ~50 babies just molted to 2i. That's a ton of babes!
marciesbabysuit.jpg