Pterinochilus Murinus RCF/UMV

TaylorCV27

Arachnopeon
This is a pic of him. I was told he’s a mature male now. I’m worried that he won’t live as long as suppose to. I got him a little less than a year and a half ago. He never comes out of his burrow and doesn’t web anything except the entrance to his burrow. And he’s not as big as I’ve seen (as mature male) IMG_0469.jpeg

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Love me OBTs, all mine have lots of personality. A picture of the ventral side of the abdomen or of the pedipalps would be more diagnostic, it is hard to tell from the pic above. Sometimes MMs can vary in size even of the same species, just means some are early bloomers and some are later. No cause for real concern.

Did you acquire this from a breeder and can you confirm it is not WC, wild caught? WC tend to be more reclusive and take longer to settle. Pics of enclosure could also help a lot.

Last edited:

TaylorCV27

Arachnopeon
Love me OBTs, all mine have lots of personality. A picture of the ventral side of the abdomen or of the pedipalps would be more diagnostic, it is hard to tell from the pic above. Sometimes MMs can vary in size even of the same species, just means some are early bloomers and some are later. No cause for real concern.

Did you acquire this from a breeder and can you confirm it is not WC, wild caught? WC tend to be more reclusive and take longer to settle. Pics of enclosure could also help a lot.
you can see with a good look the tibial hook on one of the front legs. And I’m sure it was captive bred. I bought it at an expo in 22. I don’t have proof of captive bred though. I’m not sure my enclosure is good enough either. It’s very basic. Substrate, water dish, and hide with a small hole in cork bark tunnel. I can send a pic if you want still

Last edited by a moderator:

freedomisle

Arachnopeon
This is a pic of him. I was told he’s a mature male now. I’m worried that he won’t live as long as suppose to. I got him a little less than a year and a half ago. He never comes out of his burrow and doesn’t web anything except the entrance to his burrow. And he’s not as big as I’ve seen (as mature male) View attachment 470849
He does look like a mature male. I'm pretty sure I can see the hook on his front leg. If you're concerned about his lifespan, why not buy some slings, they grow so quickly and you might get a female.

I love the OBT, it's one of my favourite Tarantas.

I purchased two back in 2021, one is now a mature male, the other a beautiful female, she's out on display most days and could give a GBB a run for their money with the amount of webbing! and such a beautiful orange.

20240413_215614.jpg
20240413_215538.jpg

TaylorCV27

Arachnopeon
He does look like a mature male. I'm pretty sure I can see the hook on his front leg. If you're concerned about his lifespan, why not buy some slings, they grow so quickly and you might get a female.

I love the OBT, it's one of my favourite Tarantas.

I purchased two back in 2021, one is now a mature male, the other a beautiful female, she's out on display most days and could give a GBB a run for their money with the amount of webbing! and such a beautiful orange.

View attachment 470857
View attachment 470858
Beautiful well fed obt haha😁 I do have a younger obt too. This was just my first one ever.

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Give them plenty of substrate, I give mine at least 1.5-2x their DLS, more is better.

Lara and her enclosure.
20231202004632_IMG_3924.JPG 20240109195752_IMG_4717~2.JPG PXL_20230924_233108225.jpg