question of sorts

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Gang,

I e-mailed a certain dealer that has nothing but good reviews Sunday night and still haven't received a response from them regarding my questions about an order. Am I being a little bit too demanding in expecting a reply within 1 business day or not?

-Jason

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Posting it here might have been a little quick (motivations?), please keep the name secret for at least a few days.
There can be many reasons why e-mails are not answered right away.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would give them at least 2 to 3 days to respond, some of the dealers are busy and have "other" full time jobs...be patient I am sure they will get back to you...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was considering posting the name when I first started the post but decided against it. I understand that people have obligations and real jobs that can get in the way of their T business. I guess I get rather impatient when I am considering a new T purchase and you guys are here to keep me grounded. Thanks for the replies.

-Jason

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I always give them about a week,they could be processing alot of orders and dont want to take anymore for this week! :)

Cheers
Brendan

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dealers...

Give him a few days. I get that too, want to know a confirmation on an order.
He'll get back with you.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You might want to try calling the dealer if you want an immediate response. The dealer may have a lot of orders to fill and may not have read every message in their inbox. Sometimes people get busy, you should try to be understanding a little.

Last edited:

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Funny, I thought I had been extremely understanding by not giving out any names and asking for some advice. Guess my idea of understanding is different than some. I didn't mean to imply that the dealer should be crucified. I was just trying to find out if anybody else had to wait longer than a day or two for a reply to e-mails.

-Jason

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know recently I went to jail for some 'unmenchable reasons' and let a guys order slip for 5 days.. I was rather glad he didn't want a refund lol..

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Waxen said:
Funny, I thought I had been extremely understanding by not giving out any names and asking for some advice. Guess my idea of understanding is different than some. I didn't mean to imply that the dealer should be crucified. I was just trying to find out if anybody else had to wait longer than a day or two for a reply to e-mails.

-Jason
No worries...you asked a perfectly reasonable question and handled it quite maturely.

I would call the dealer.

Jon

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
I've had good dealers take a couple of days to answer an email. Hard to wait when you are excited and wanting a spider, but they have lives. I am most appreciative of one dealer who is currently out of town but still managed to take my order and set up a send date.

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Even the best dealers can sometimes take a few days to answer an email, plus emails can get screwed up. For example, my anti-spam settings bounced some emails back. And IIRC, about a month ago, a virus showed up that screwed up email. If you're looking for a rare specimen and you're afraid that someone else will scoop it up before you do, call up the dealer.

Karen N.

Tarangela

Arachnobaron
Yeah, it usually takes most of them at least 2 days to get back to me. Don't worry, if they are reputable, you will have nothing to worry about :)