Questions aimed at californians(or who ever wants to join in)haha

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
GQ. said:
MizM,

I agree, all the A. eutylenum I have found are uniformly dark chocolate brown with no pattern. They do not look even close, as far as color, as "Aphonopelma 'eutylenum' type". I'm not sure why it is called "Aphonopelma 'eutylenum' type", but I suspect it is simply because no one has seriously taken a look at them. I believe I talked to Tom about this awhile back. I'm aging and my memory is shorter by the minute, so I may be mistaken. Maybe I'll drop him an email about it. Rick West also thought they were probably 'eutylenum' type from a picture I sent to him.
Ahhh, you've spoken to Tom? Isn't he the most wonderful, enthusiastic guy? I absolutely adore him, I never would have met him without my friend PenneyW who gave me his phone number. And he's not long distance for me, we can talk for DAYS!

I end up naming my eutylenums "chocolate" names because that's what they look like! Hershey, Mr. Goodbar, etc. have ALL lived in MY house!! {D

Rico

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mouse said:
i have not seen any... but i heard there are 2 types.
if you get to fresno (there is a 3rd annual meetining at the tarantula ranch)
they'll have a trip into the sierra foothills early in the morning (6am), then lunch, checking out their tarantulas and some info, breeding, BBQ,another trip in the evening where you can collect some locals. then the next morning they might go again (san joaquin vqlly i think, not sure).
i'd like to go, but we got no car....maby next year
just thought if you get down that way you could check out the Tarantula ranch.. it's in fresno and the meeting is september 11th, starting at 6 am.
good luck
Whoo hooo...I just moved to fresno...well Clovis to be exact. Do u have specific directions to this Tarantula ranch?

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
sorry i don't have the directions...but you could check out scott's tarantulas webpage, e-mail him. i got told (when i wrote him that i'm trying to go)that whoever is letting him know, he'd send out directions a week before the event.
dianne