Rearing Early Instar "Bark Scorpions"

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ooops...painted a wrong pix heheh

What i mean was i cannot mix the lil guys together ?
Because i think the O.dentatus are in the 3rd instar - 4th instar stage...
Is it ok ?

Your reply just popped some questions in my head...u mean i can mix jacksoni and dentatus and arctimanus together ?

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Australis said:

Is it ok ?

i wouldnt reccommend keeping them together at that early of an instar. you will have a case of cannibalism at some point, even if well fed. especially with this spp, they tend to be very reactant , and attack and eat almost at will:eek: i would advise you to wait untill they at least go through 2 or 3 more instars.

cheers, steve

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Australis said:

Is it ok ?
reread this post;)
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=666511&postcount=18

Your reply just popped some questions in my head...u mean i can mix jacksoni and dentatus and arctimanus together ?
I never said that, but some species can be mixed although if you dont have many to spare then dont do it. Remember, keep this simple...you will be glad you did:)

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im pretty sure they do. I heard to keep them like humid bark scorps, So keep them like Tityus spp. I guess.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brian S said:
Yes all Rholapurus spp are Bark Scorpions
I thought so, considering their care and the way they molt vertically. I just wanted to get Rhopalurus sp. on the list, so all the people that have this species will know to pay attention to this thread.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am trying to get a Rholapurus junceus breeding program going but I need a male pretty badly. I am supposed to get more pretty soon though

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heya Brian,

Very informative and insightful post. Almost makes me want to go and acquire a few Tityus...almost.
However, I have been contemplating acquiring a group of C. gracilis, C. margaritatus and L. mucronatus so, your post should prove helpful in the future should I decide to breed any of the mentioned species. Thanks for posting the info.

Take care...Luc

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brian,

You just wanted an excuse to post a photo of your quite beautiful Rhopalurus junceus! LOL

Luc

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No problem Luc :)

After having so many fatalities during molting when I first started raising the Barks, I think I am finally onto something here. I wanted to share this info with everyone so that we can sucessfully raise some these rare species that is stating to trickle into the hobby these days.
Oh and yes you better do this method with C gracilis for sure. They had the most fatalities than the others put together before I started doing it this way

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Barkscorpions said:
Brian,

You just wanted an excuse to post a photo of your quite beautiful Rhopalurus junceus! LOL

Luc
LOL{D
I am actually more like you in that I prefer Androctonus and Parabuthus but geez, those R junceus and alot of Tityus spp are simply stunning.:cool:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Luc, I have a nice desert species that should be arriving anyday now that I think you will approve ;)
I'll post pics as soon as they arrive

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brian,

At present, I have so many scorps coming in from everywhere that I no longer know what I have coming in! I may even have a few H. lepturus by late-July or early-August! My goal after remodeling the house was to have a modest collection of a few scorps (around 100) and keep it at that. I actually believe that I will far exceed the 100 scorp limit within the next month or two! Ah, the better laid plans of mice and men!
Of course you realize that posting such pics will make me envious if it is of a rare Androctonus, Hottentotta, or Mesobuthus spp! LOL

Take care...Luc

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well it is M tamulus ;) I'm getting 5 of them. I thought they might arrive today but unfortunatly they didnt.
I want some of those other Andros so bad I cant stand it esp A hoggarensis. That is my Holy Grail of scorpions at the moment.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brian,

I have specimens of M. tamulus arriving soon, as well as specimens of four or five other Mesobuthus spp.
As for Androctonus spp. I admire all members of the genus but wouldn't mind getting hold of a few of the other species not yet represented in the hobby.

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi guys...some stuff arrived for me a few days ago and found that my barkies are really small...

I'm particularly worried for my C.arctimanus. They have not eaten yet. I'm thinking of housing them together but was a bit worried as they are still small.
About 3cm length...male is 4 cm.

Can I bunk them together ?

How bout my babycurus tat are a bit bigger at 4-5 cm ?

My C.gracilis just molted upon arriving. left 1 more to molt.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldnt house any of them together especially the Babycurus. They are known to cannabilize when they are juvi's.