Reliefs for Tarantula Bites, and likelyhood of allergy

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
I don't imagine that trick would work for tarantula bites, since they don't leave an embedded stinger. Might be worth a shot with hairs though!
I wasn't talking about it drawing the stinger itself out, but the sting. Wasps don't leave their stinger embeded. Those onery flying hell spawn can tag you several times. I think the tobacco helps neutralize some of the venom because it does bring relief to the pain and swelling. It's not a silver bullet, but it does help. And for hairs I would try rubbing the affected area with pantyhose. It works for removing fiberglass.

timisimaginary

Arachnosquire
Also, how common is the tarantula bite allergy? Can it be species specific? I've never been stung by a bee or wasp, a scorpion, or bit by a T in my life. Which is funny, because I play with all of the above quite frequently! But in such, I'm not sure if it's possible to get an emergency use epi-pen. Is that something to be worried about? I've kept scorpions, spiders, and reptiles most of my life and never really thought about it.
unless you're a trained EMT or ER doctor, using an epi-pen is potentially more likely to cause harm than any T bite, even by the most venomous species. stick to benadryl, painkillers, and other OTC medications. if those don't work, go to the ER.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wasn't talking about it drawing the stinger itself out, but the sting. Wasps don't leave their stinger embeded. Those onery flying hell spawn can tag you several times. I think the tobacco helps neutralize some of the venom because it does bring relief to the pain and swelling. It's not a silver bullet, but it does help. And for hairs I would try rubbing the affected area with pantyhose. It works for removing fiberglass.
Ooh that's a good trick! I'll have to keep some on hand once my Nhandu gets bigger.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I guess i got to add stockings to my feed n bleed box wouldnt have guessed that as iv only done cardboard pulp style insalation xD