So I almost died today.

Deftones90

Arachnosquire
See my parents know that I keep stuff but they dont know how many. They let me keep it all because they know that herps (and only until the past few years, inverts) are pretty much my life and what I DO, other than music.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

thruthetrees

Arachnosquire
I would just know how far you can push it, there is a difference between not having a bed time and bringing in pets.
Another 1+ I am assuming your mom would not boot you out of the house over it... That's definitely something to keep in mind.

See my parents know that I keep stuff but they dont know how many. They let me keep it all because they know that herps (and only until the past few years, inverts) are pretty much my life and what I DO, other than music.
Hahaha... my mom has no idea how many I have either... I don't plan on telling her how many :D At least she is warming up to them...

Transient

Arachnosquire
My mom hid a kitten from my (ex)stepdad for three months, because he hated them. I just loaned her $1,000, the least she could do is at least have a decent conversation.

...Which we did! It went well and my babies are ordered and she never wants to see or acknowledge them, ever.

Fair enough.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
I'm glad it turned out well, and your mom knows about your incoming Ts. They're alot of fun, and good therapy. Watching a sling grow is one of the most rewarding things in this hobby.

Transient

Arachnosquire
I've been anxious like a new mother for two days. I have their little jars set up, and food, and a clean water bottle, and tongs, and warmth. I need to buy a new thermo though, the one I have isn't very good.

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
Congrats!!!! Fears are meant to be conquered. My wife was terribly scared of spiders until the day of my dads funeral and we were at his house and she got an up close look at his rosie. She saw how graceful she moved and that they aren't after you for no reason. I have have my fathers rosie now and she has inspired me to great lengths. Congrats again!!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
haha great to know that you wont have to be sneaky anymore though....trust me she will eventually like them, or atleast think they are cute or pretty..

Amoeba

Arachnolord
she got an up close look at his rosie. She saw how graceful she moved
Wait wut? they move gracefully?

Yeah you did sneak around for nothing slings have no business in a 15 gal, but I'm sure it was good ol' fashion exercise. :biggrin:

Transient

Arachnosquire
I'm going to use it as a miniature T room. I'll heat the tank with their cups inside, saving me from having to live in an 80 degree room.

Amoeba

Arachnolord
It's very up to debate but I (and many others) keep my Ts low 70s high 60s. I know you have the new T jitters but just remember they are not as delicate as you perceive them to be. Good luck on your additions.

Transient

Arachnosquire
Parent. Just one :) It's not too bad, we get along well and I probably have a better relationship with her than other people my age. She just needs to get over that fear of spiders!

Amoeba

Arachnolord
She just needs to get over that fear of spiders!
You should show some respect towards someones fears. If you were afraid of clowns I don't think she would force you to sit in the circus but she might go.

Transient

Arachnosquire
I do respect it, and never said I was going to force her to get over it. I had arachnophobia too, but I overcame it while she seems content being terrified if a grass spider appears on the floor.

thruthetrees

Arachnosquire
My mom hid a kitten from my (ex)stepdad for three months, because he hated them. I just loaned her $1,000, the least she could do is at least have a decent conversation.

...Which we did! It went well and my babies are ordered and she never wants to see or acknowledge them, ever.

Fair enough.
AWESOME!!!! Excellent job!!! Be sure to post pics when you get them :D

The sneaking around wasn't for nothing... I bet you learned a lot from all of it :)

8leggedloverlassie

Arachnosquire
I used to keep funnel webs and red backs I found in the yard, after a few months of having them, mum put her foot down and told me to get rid of them and strictly no more spiders allowed or she wud spray them. So, I come home from th petstore and say iv bought a baby bird eating spider,her eyes go as wide as ever and I quickly show her th sling, she said " oh,is that all?,he"s tiny! And I told her he's not deadly, and she said I could keep it cos at least this one won't kill you,and she said it only a tiny thing and I said "it will grow almost as big as ur hand!" she said "hopefully you will have moved out by then! Im 21 and not planning on movin anytime soon!

Skull Kid

Arachnopeon
Oh God, I enjoyed that story so much, hahaha. Thanks for the laugh, you're my hero, mate. Except my mum let me explain why I wanted a T so bad..now as long as she (Mum) doesn't have to feed her, do tank maintenance, or hold her, my Rosie is the best pet I have ever had.

Drakk

Arachnosquire
Hahaha!!
So perfect.
Sounds like what i went through to get my first iguana...only the dogs weren't friendly...;P