So many T's, so few I can buy at once...Help?

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Yup, that's the one I'm talking about. :D Will you be volunteering with TiW again? I remember you mentioning in a couple of threads that you've done so in the past. Either way, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. :)

I'm in debate with myself over what specimens I'll be after while I'm there. The logical side of my brain is telling me to stick to easy-to-manage NW species for the time being and look for a couple sub-adult specimens of the notoriously slow growers on my wish-list, but lately my attention has been drawn by the baboon tarantulas...Ceratogyrus genus in particular. I might sound nuts to even be considering it, but I've been doing plenty of research on them along with their orange bitey cousins. It seems like for every person who says they're eight-legged terrorists there's another one who says they're easy to care for as long as the keeper employs a bit of common sense. I imagine that topic has been debated many times here on the forums and it's not my intention to try and spark another one. I know that ultimately it comes down to the judgement of each individual keeper to decide what they are and are not prepared to work with - I'll figure it out for myself by the time I head to the expo. :)

I might simply skip the Ts this time around and go for something different, depending on the cost. Amblypygi have piqued my interest in a big way - I know for certain that I want to add a few of those to my collection. "Whipscorpions and Whipspiders: Culturing Gentle Monsters" is one of the books I'm going to keeping my eye out for while I'm there.
Yep, hoping to volunteer with TiW again. I'm not there to help sell, just there to introduce T's to people who might be a little leery of them. Dawn has this one 5" B. albopilosum that is just great at being handled, and helped quite a few get over their arachnophobia in May. I'll bring back my LP's 8 inch molt as well, some people were more comfortable getting closer to something that wasn't going to move. LOL

You're far braver than I when it comes to the baboons. I have zero interest in acquiring something like a P. Terror, I prefer the more mellow NW's. And you make a good point about those with their self-righteous posts about a certain species being too much for someone of a certain skill level. When it comes right down to it, it's your decision as to what you do and don't feel comfortable with, as long as you're willing to live with the consequences (good or bad). As long as you've done your research, know what to expect, are willing & able to put in the time and are careful, you should be okay. :)

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Yeah, that's what sold me on getting at least one of them. I want to have lots of big Ts in my collection too, and from what I understand some of these guys can get pretty beefy.

...I'm starting to think that the Acanthoscurria ferina I mentioned is less of a maybe on my list and more of a must-have. The picture they have attached to the pricelist on my favorite dealer's site is just too cute. So fuzzy! :giggle:
can you please inbox this website my dealers don't have any A. FERNIAS