Some Slithering Friends

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
What? No AfRock? lol Some serious snakes you have. If only I had the space for the Giants..
I am awaiting my revised permit adding them and then, yes, I *will* have a pair of Afrocks. I have already begun working with them - I just need FFlorida to say "ok" and then they are mine.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Never heard of a Bateater before, pretty snake. How big does that thing get ?

Later, Tom

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Rack looks good, just a bit tall. Do you secure it to the wall so it doesn't tip over?
Is it difficult and expensive to get permits in Florida?

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Rack looks good, just a bit tall. Do you secure it to the wall so it doesn't tip over?
Is it difficult and expensive to get permits in Florida?
It's a 10 level over 6' tall. I don't have it secured to the wall, as it is up against the wall on two sides and braced with tables on the third. The permits are inexpensive, but they will come inspect your caging and premise, as well as ensuring you have a disaster plan in place.

Dizzle

Arachnoknight
Amazing snakes freedumb! Absolutely love your emerald tree boa especially, how has your experience been with their behavior? I know they are supposed to be an aggressive sp. but I personally have held a very tame one, so just curious. Emerald tree boas and similar species are probably my most desired pet snake but I dare not get one until I am prepared for their care requirements, so not anytime soon lol.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Only when they are younger - they are usually red or orange before gaining their green coloring. This is a northern - once I have more experience with it and the husbandry, I would love to get an Amazon basin.
I LOVE the Emerald. The Basins are typically much easier to work with than the Northerns. Even the WC ones can be easily freehandled without too much difficulty. But, with the substantial price difference, I could definitely see wanting to make sure you have your stuff together before going on with a Basin. Is this one a male or female? If male, you could get a female Basin and produce hybrids. They tend to look like Northerns, but VERY clean and no gray. Thanks for sharing. Loved the pics!

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
I haven't probed it yet - I bought it unsexed, and I wanted it to get good and settled before I try probing. And I like the Amazon / Northern hybrids I have seen - that's a good idea. And thanks!

---------- Post added 09-24-2014 at 10:01 PM ----------

Amazing snakes freedumb! Absolutely love your emerald tree boa especially, how has your experience been with their behavior? I know they are supposed to be an aggressive sp. but I personally have held a very tame one, so just curious. Emerald tree boas and similar species are probably my most desired pet snake but I dare not get one until I am prepared for their care requirements, so not anytime soon lol.
Thanks! It's more shy than anything right now but, like DrJ said, Amazons have a good disposition compared to Northerns.

Nada

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am awaiting my revised permit adding them and then, yes, I *will* have a pair of Afrocks. I have already begun working with them - I just need FFlorida to say "ok" and then they are mine.
Awesome! such under-rated animals. I really enjoy them.

Nada

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've always found rocks, and conda's a bit more difficult than Tics and Burms. But all tame down with a little time and blood lol

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
I've always found rocks, and conda's a bit more difficult than Tics and Burms. But all tame down with a little time and blood lol
Only have the one green male, but he's been one of the easiest snakes I've had. Great attitude and never once musked or struck. (And of course I know now he will tomorrow. Lol). I am looking to get him a female companion soon, so I will be expecting the "typical" attitude with her and go from there when the time comes. So far, the worst attitude I encountered has been the female burm. She would tag me multiple times when I first got her - took a few weeks and now she's good. Hissy, but what burm isn't?

Akai

Arachnobaron
Man I've always loved snakes and envied people who keep them. Unfortunately my wife is OK with spiders but HELL NO on snakes. Another life time for me I guess. lol

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Man I've always loved snakes and envied people who keep them. Unfortunately my wife is OK with spiders but HELL NO on snakes. Another life time for me I guess. lol
Sometimes you can't have EVERYTHING. Try not to be greedy. ;)

There are advantages to waiting until you have everything you want before meeting the woman of your dreams. She learns to accept those things as part of you.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Good day as far as snakes go. Received my updated license adding Afrocks, and I also became an approved nonnative adopter for conditionals.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
My family said i can keep anything but snakes...
Our snakes say we can't keep family... due to a certain depraved appetite.

---------- Post added 09-27-2014 at 10:00 AM ----------

Good day as far as snakes go. Received my updated license adding Afrocks, and I also became an approved nonnative adopter for conditionals.
Congrats on this!