Something else very unique from Peru; Hapalotremus sp.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Peru is proving to be a very interesting and diverse country as far as tarantulas are concerned. I am constantly surprised at the species I am seeing here. This is a Hapalotremus species from the Andes region of Peru. It is not Hapalotremus albipes as this is too far north for the known range of albipes and albipes is a very different looking spider. I would love to go to far southern Peru and see if I can find the real albipes, but this will do for now :)

Expect more pictures of this species, their habitat, and other Hapalotremus species in the near future :)

JOsh

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh, man...it is gorgeous. Love the colors. How large does this species get?

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh, man...it is gorgeous. Love the colors. How large does this species get?
This species is about 4 to 4.5 inches in legspan. Fairly descent size. Definitely not a dwarf. With help from the hobbyists in the invert community, we can have these legally exported from Peru.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
OK, I am getting jealous of you, Josh! LOL. Another beautiful find with gorgeous colors/patterns. I hope you get to go to far southern Peru someday!

cold blood

Staff member
I am envious, but even if I were down there the only way I would likely find a t is if it were in my boat....lol. Now if I ever do get down there, hunting t's will get in the way of my fishing for sure! You are locating some pretty special t's for sure man, thanks for keeping us posted on these wonderful animals.:)

Hanska

Arachnobaron
Yet another pretty specimen. Hope you get all the support you need from the community to get all these into the hobby. I'd be in but not only do I lack the experience propably needed I live a bit too far =D.

Keep 'em coming.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for all the great comments guys! I would love to get these and many other nice species into the hobby. Keep your fingers crossed that we get what we need to make the project a reality. We are so close, but there is one major hurdle that the government here has thrown in our way.

Hanska, you do not need to live close in order to support our project :) Anyone interested, email me at myrmeciaman@gmail.com and I will send you 2 profiles and more info. I will regularly update progress on this project as it grows.