Something is Wrong With My Button Quail! Please Help if You Know About Gamebirds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Then what makes you think you should even post in this thread? None of your posts have been any helpful, especially since I already got my answer. Now, read the title. Pay attention to the "Please Help if You Know About Gamebirds." and you just admitted you don't.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anyways burntsnow why do you want to get banned? ..it's easy enough to just stop posting here... :)

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Then what makes you think you should even post in this thread? None of your posts have been any helpful, especially since I already got my answer. Now, read the title. Pay attention to the "Please Help if You Know About Gamebirds." and you just admitted you don't.
I am done here... I hope you show your critters more respect.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am trying to help.. None of my posts are being rude.. Are they? I am trying to get you to open your eyes.. People here know ALOT about any kind of animal.. Name a bug.. Someone can help with it.. Name a reptile.. People can help with it.. Name it.. There is someone here that CAN help you.. If you just calm down & stop being so dang hostile...

Stop being hostile.. Breath a little..

Now.. Since you have such a problem with helpful criticism... I will bid you fare well.. No longer will I post in your threads.. ;)

Have a good one.. :)

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Anyways burntsnow why do you want to get banned? ..it's easy enough to just stop posting here... :)
Good point, but I'd rather say what I want instead of just watching the others bash me. I could honestly do a lot better, but I'm not as bad as Mister I, Redneck, and kevin91172, et cetera. I actually took the posts into consideration and I found the answer for myself. As it turns out, I was the one who was correct after all. Yet Redneck still BSed about me being wrong or bashing others for helping. He's just throwing a tantrum because he wasn't able to be helpful in any way. My point is, I'd rather use up the infraction space and make a new account or something than let the others think they can flame me altogether.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I am trying to help.. None of my posts are being rude.. Are they? I am trying to get you to open your eyes.. People here know ALOT about any kind of animal.. Name a bug.. Someone can help with it.. Name a reptile.. People can help with it.. Name it.. There is someone here that CAN help you.. If you just calm down & stop being so dang hostile...

Stop being hostile.. Breath a little..

Now.. Since you have such a problem with helpful criticism... I will bid you fare well.. No longer will I post in your threads.. ;)

Have a good one.. :)
No need, I'm leaving anyways. yes, I'm double-posting.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well if you want to get technical, birds are not that much different from reptiles considering, you know, they are reptiles. ;)

Secondly, I didn't see BurntSnow really getting snotty until people started accusing him/her of not doing research. How do you know that? It took me a couple years after owning tarantulas to find this forum. I did my research in books. Also, BurntSnow seems to be a younger member of this board and how many of you can say you could control what your parents did? If someone was irresponsible about buying gamebirds they never kept before without doing the research, it would be BurntSnow's parents not the OP.

BurntSnow, I don't know for sure if they are mating or if it is dominance but I do keep doves and it's very confusing when you have all the same gender. IF they are all male or even all female there will typically be an individual that takes on the part of the opposite gender including most courting and mating behavior. It seems you are sure of their gender now.

When my male and female had offspring, I was certain it was female. After the baby matured, my original male went from courting to kicking it off perches and not letting it eat or drink. The baby then started acting like a male and bow cooing. Had to buy a separate cage then. :eek: If he continues to pull out feathers, you might need to let Chickapea rest a bit so he's not trying to over-breed her. Separating the other male will probably calm the one you left with her. It sure did with my doves. :)

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Well if you want to get technical, birds are not that much different from reptiles considering, you know, they are reptiles. ;)

Secondly, I didn't see BurntSnow really getting snotty until people started accusing him/her of not doing research. How do you know that? It took me a couple years after owning tarantulas to find this forum. I did my research in books. Also, BurntSnow seems to be a younger member of this board and how many of you can say you could control what your parents did? If someone was irresponsible about buying gamebirds they never kept before without doing the research, it would be BurntSnow's parents not the OP.

BurntSnow, I don't know for sure if they are mating or if it is dominance but I do keep doves and it's very confusing when you have all the same gender. IF they are all male or even all female there will typically be an individual that takes on the part of the opposite gender including most courting and mating behavior. It seems you are sure of their gender now.

When my male and female had offspring, I was certain it was female. After the baby matured, my original male went from courting to kicking it off perches and not letting it eat or drink. The baby then started acting like a male and bow cooing. Had to buy a separate cage then. :eek: If he continues to pull out feathers, you might need to let Chickapea rest a bit so he's not trying to over-breed her. Separating the other male will probably calm the one you left with her. It sure did with my doves. :)
Wow, thanks Leila. That was very nice of you to post this. Although, it's not my parents' faults. These were going to be my birds rather than "the family's" (my parents') and I admit that I didn't expect these things. I should have done more research because I was basing my knowledge off of what I knew from raising the other birds and a tad bit of information online.
At this point, I am absolutely sure of the genders. It seems Tac is trying to over-breed her (a lot). So, I'm going to try and separate the males for a bit.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, thanks Leila. That was very nice of you to post this. Although, it's not my parents' faults. These were going to be my birds rather than "the family's" (my parents') and I admit that I didn't expect these things. I should have done more research because I was basing my knowledge off of what I knew from raising the other birds and a tad bit of information online.
At this point, I am absolutely sure of the genders. It seems Tac is trying to over-breed her (a lot). So, I'm going to try and separate the males for a bit.
Well the point is, you recognize the problem and you are trying to correct it. That's more than what I can say for a lot of people I've spoken with working in a pet store. You at least have a background in birds and didn't jump into this completely blind.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
You haven't done enough research if you couldn't even sex your quails.

I posted a link on the first page to one of the BEST forums on poultry. I don't see any posts on the quail forum that would suggest that you tried to get suggestions from knowledgeable fowl people.

In just me browsing a few threads on there, I already found two threads with info that would be very beneficial to you.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=390896

This one is even about pecking feathers off:

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=389319
Back to this post. Kinda confusing when a supposedly female quail is on top of a supposedly male one, huh? Huh, jerk?

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Back to this post. Kinda confusing when a supposedly female quail is on top of a supposedly male one, huh? Huh, jerk?

Isn't it about...10 oclock there? Go to bed. School tomorrow.
Stop trying to provoke people back to the topic since they're not replying anymore. You'll quickly find out that no one likes you if you keep it up.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Looks like this thread's done. I hope you've gotten it all out of your system, Burnt.

-MrI

Status
Not open for further replies.