Species you can't live without

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Grammostola pulchripes: Probably my favorite species of tarantula. Great personality. I'll always have one, I'm sure.

Aphonopelma chalcodes: I can't imagine not having one, now. Probably tied with G. pulchripes for favorite overall species.

Javanica

Arachnopeon
@TheEternal - seems like I have similar taste in T's as I have 6 of the 8 species you listed (and instead of Chilo. fimbriatus I have C. dyscolus). I also really like my little Holothele incei, "personality" plus and grabs prey so quick you almost can't see it! I recently acquired a well-started Hysterocrates gigas and I've got to say I love its activity and attitude!!

koldaar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My list in no particular order:

P. subfusca- gorgeous
P. ornata- fiesty
G. pulchra- love the black
B. emilia- great color
N. chromatus- great color

kwacky

Arachnosquire
Pamphobeteus spp (so so so incredibly awesome, the best feeders ever)
Jayefbe, are you a keeper of these?

I started a thread about getting an Ultramarinus. Do you have any expereince?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Back on topic, my favourite spider I had will probably be the Haplopelma minax. Not the most colourful, but fast, active, a great feeder, full of attitude and always willing to show off her fangs. I have a great close up photo of her displaying. I'll have to see if I can find it. It was taken that long ago it's on film ;)

suzypike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Back on topic, my favourite spider I had will probably be the Haplopelma minax. Not the most colourful, but fast, active, a great feeder, full of attitude and always willing to show off her fangs. I have a great close up photo of her displaying. I'll have to see if I can find it. It was taken that long ago it's on film ;)
Another hijack... but I just Googled these. AWESOME looking/sounding spider. They are definitely going on my wish list. :)

seacowst

Arachnosquire
a g.rosea i knows it is simple but i luv mine so much even though it tends to be a pet rock

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol That Tripepii is impossible to find
As slings yes,as adults they are out there...

---------- Post added 03-26-2012 at 09:21 PM ----------

Oh yea,let me add N.tripepii to the list. LOL...I see you reading this post Suzy!!! I Seeeeeeeee youuuuuuu!

suzypike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Patience and persistence will usually pay off in finding species like N. tripepii.
Just keep watching if you really want one.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You've been PM'd

---------- Post added 03-26-2012 at 09:28 PM ----------

Patience and persistence will usually pay off in finding species like N. tripepii.
Just keep watching if you really want one.
Wise words.A supposed 4.5 inch female just sold for a great price,and it was really closer to 6 inches.Our classifieds are a GREAT starting point.But keep in mind these are harder to come by,and do command $$$

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i will add mine to this thread... ive had many ts come and go, but the ones that stick around and are a must are
B. albo
P. regalis
P. ornata
G. pulchripes
A. versi
A. diversipes
P. murinus
P. nigricolor
C. cyaneopubescens
A. geniculata
............ too many to chose from.. im sure im forgetting some, but these are all ones i plan on keepin around and adding mates to (if not owned already:biggrin:)

melijoc

Arachnopeon
This hobby would be boring without these guys. P. Cancerides, pelinubius muticus,t. Blondi,c. Darlingi , c marshalli, p. Murinus, and all haplos.the more vicious and scary the better the feeding time.

---------- Post added 03-26-2012 at 11:04 PM ----------

This hobby would be boring without these guys. P. Cancerides, pelinubius muticus,t. Blondi,c. Darlingi , c marshalli, p. Murinus, and all haplos.the more vicious and scary the better the feeding time.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Poecilotheria subfusca (Lowland)
Brachypelma smithi
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Heteroscodra maculata
Haplopelma lividum
Pterinochilus murinus

and many more that will be in my collection in the future!

Tfrog

Arachnopeon
Megaphobema Mesomelas
I had three in the past. I plan to get more soon
All persihed one after the other

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A. versicolor (colorful)
A. purpurea (colorful)
B. smithi (classic!)
C. cyaneopubescens (great webbers!)
G. pulchripes (big and gentle and usually a great display T)
P. irminia (awesome species!)
E. pulcherimaklaasi (totally underrated species - great coloration!)
Homoeomma spec "blue" (same as E. pulcherimaklaasi)

Over time, I'd proably add more to that list, but that's my fav's for now

Low

Arachnoknight
B. Smithi will always be my handsdown favorite....always.
Cant live without.

As far as species,
Brachy
Grammostola
Avics
Tapinauchenius
Poeci
...too many to list really...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
after reading this thread again a few days after my last post i already want to add more... to save typing i will just sum it up in ONE SENTENCE:
"life isnt complete without a deli with SOME t or another in it.. genera and species doesn't matter to ME"