Spiders and weed

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I vaporize weed alot, has anyone here ever provided weed vapor to a spider and seen what effects it has? I think most of us have seen that old ass video where various drugs are tested on orb weavers. And I mean actual vapor, not smoke.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I vaporize weed alot, has anyone here ever provided weed vapor to a spider and seen what effects it has? I think most of us have seen that old ass video where various drugs are tested on orb weavers. And I mean actual vapor, not smoke.
That video was a comedy skit.

Regarding Marijuana vapor for spiders, I would have to say that would not be the best idea. Most substances that don't kill us (at least not initially) are lethal to them.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I would be less concerned about the THC and more concerned about the other chemicals, the ones they do list and the ones they don't...the pesticides used to grow the weed. Keep in mind how smells work... (If you can smell someone elses flatulence it's because the particles have entered your nose, so their feces byproduct has entered your body, if I wasn't clear)

And remember that we don't mix tarantulas with other chemicals or even fragrances

I came across something in regards to treating for termites I believe, that you and your tarantulas can exist in the presence of toxic chemicals like pesticides as long as the toxin stays below a certain threshold (I want to say PPM or parts per million), usually achieved by air turnover...for the room to complete exchange fresh air... But I don't know anyone that can do those calculations that smokes weed 🤣

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Why? Most animals are programmed to run away from smoke. I feel quite bad for your animals. It's just not responsible. Doesn't matter if it's weed, tobacco or lemon grass essential oils. Key question, why?

Although not the deeper point: You wouldn't dose another human without consent, right?

ForTW

Arachnobaron
No significant affect. Smoked weed in the same room as my spiders for years back in 2009.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
vapor isn’t the same as smoke .💨 I tried to look it up, but it’s confusing.

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
A big area of research are things like volatile oils to kill animals pests in crops. No idea about the related vape pen type things. But worth noting many are being tested and implemented for killing bugs.

Without evidence, seems like a terrible idea.

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
I would expect vapor to be less harmful when compared to smoke which has thousands of chemicals and ash

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I would expect vapor to be less harmful when compared to smoke which has thousands of chemicals and ash
Yes. But we should also expect clean air to be less harmful than loads of vapors from concentrated vaporizing narcotics.

No issues with you, or anyone, making the choice to do it themselves. thats your right as skmeone who is educated and consensual. But to give it to pets is nothing short of poor husbandry. Even just based solely on the lack of being able to gain consent. First rule of dosing psychedelics is you need consent