Strange white oval/egg in hissing cockroach poop

notabug

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm new to owning hissing cockroaches (though I've worked with and handled them before). I have 11 adult males of various species, all from Invertebrate Dude, that I got about a month ago. They currently don't have mites and didn't come with any.

I have them in a tank with coco fiber, cork bark, a couple fake reptile-safe plants, fish tank decor pieces, and a PLA 3D printed structure. I've only fed them fish flakes, oranges from my backyard (no pesticides as far as I know), and beetle jelly. For water I just mist their enclosure.

I just noticed this poop with a strange egg-looking thing embedded in it. I know logically it can't be roach eggs, but is it some kind of parasite egg? I haven't noticed any abnormal behavior in any of them, no signs of lethargy, no seizures/inability to get up, they all respond to stimuli like a healthy cockroach should.

This kind of looks like what I found, though of course this shows fecals with WAY more of those oval things.

In one of the images I popped the oval thing. Probably should have done it with my bare hands or with a tool because after crushing it in the paper towel it sort of disappeared, like it was filled with air or a tiny amount of liquid.

Anybody have any idea?

Attachments