Stromatopelma Bites

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Update: I was bitten by one. Not something I'd recommend but I'm about to try to start a colony of them (it really wasn't any worse than my OBT bite). I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes.

Matt
Nice, can you say Scotch?;P

Hope you didn't get too much venom in your system.:(

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm 100% sure that NB had to change his underwear after reading this post.

hahah :D

IrishKnight

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow thats pretty scary! lets see a mean,agressive,very potent venom??!?! i think ill stay AWAY from this T:embarrassed:

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Agressive, potent venom and fast as hell.

I want one, I will get one, and only really because I'm seeking some sort of adrenaline rush. But, first things first. Waiting on a shipment of a 6" P. Ornata, 6"+ P. Regalis and a 4" P. Irminia. All females :3

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
S cals are some of the best Ts. As long as you have experience with fast Ts and some common sense, you should be fine.

Last edited:

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
haha....hey NB.....soon as i get up there i wanna ceck em out....and ill even let one chew on me but, you gotta promise, and i mean promise you will take a bite from my "attack bird"!;P now id rather go put my finger into an obts fangs before i let my bird get me again for sure....haha...but seriously...when is the next show in stl? i want to go...wonder if tarantula inc is goingto go there after kansas city?! oh...and while were being retarded....we can get rob to make a "tutorial" on how to get bit by and S. cal document the symptoms and watch you get chewed on by my bird...hahah wadya say pal?...ps my bird flys good so theres no escape....:D

burmish101

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For adrenaline rush dont go with nearly blind things thats boring! Go for true spiders/Ctenids! ;P

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For adrenaline rush dont go with nearly blind things thats boring! Go for true spiders/Ctenids! ;P
I seem to have taken a liking to nothing but T's. Although I will be getting a scorpion soon. Trust me though, this guy will be more then enough of a adrenaline rush for me :p (I still jump when my more skittish species move fast. Hell, I jumped when my OBT sling tried to escape.)

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I seem to have taken a liking to nothing but T's. Although I will be getting a scorpion soon. Trust me though, this guy will be more then enough of a adrenaline rush for me :p (I still jump when my more skittish species move fast. Hell, I jumped when my OBT sling tried to escape.)
The time to worry is probably when/if you ever stop jumping. :D

--Diane G.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This was copied from a old magazine/journal..I have a copy here of this issue but I don't believe there were any photos included!
-Chris

Demonjack123

Arachnopeon
Pretty spider

I know I shouldn't but for some reason this makes me want to get one. But no, on a serious note the only thought of a tarantula to ever really terrify me is the thought of an S. calceatum bite because heart palpitations x.x.