Successful egg sac?

Sagenumber2

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm new and I have a dumb question, Is this a successful tarantula egg-sac? (lasiodora parahybana)
Thank you for your help!!🤗 P_20240502_232817.jpg

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
When did you open up the sac? They all look clear which makes me think the egg sac wasn't laid too long ago?

Hope you have plenty of pots ready if successful as LP have hundreds upon hundreds! Ha ha

Sagenumber2

Arachnopeon
When did you open up the sac? They all look clear which makes me think the egg sac wasn't laid too long ago?

Hope you have plenty of pots ready if successful as LP have hundreds upon hundreds! Ha ha
Thank you for your help. The egg sac have been laid for about 7 days. I looked at many methods of incubation, but which one is the most suitable for my little lasiodora parahybana? Thank you!

Last edited:

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Thank you for your help. The egg sac have been laid for about 7 days. I looked at many methods of incubation, but which one is the most suitable for my little lasiodora parahybana? Thank you!
Personally I usually leave sacs until about day 28 as mum usually knows best.

You will need to make sure the eggs move or keep a close eye on any infertile eggs as they will go bad very quickly and spread to others.

After the 28 days I would then normally finish mine off in an electric incubator but only as i can often have a couple on the go and so I just find it easier.

I have successfully used the mesh method where the eggs are suspended by fine mesh above a container that contains water at the bottom for humidity. Basically cut up 2 identical containers so that one acts as a suspension for the mesh. Then you probably need to keep them slightly warmer to help finish off the final EWL and Nymph stages.

The temps is another reason why I use an electric incubator to make sure that is constant.

Good luck and don't forget LPs have hundreds so try to get potential new homes lined up now ha ha

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
I don't know an awful lot about breeding yet, but that picture is super cool!