T. stirmi gravid female behavior.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sadly, all eggs seemed to be infertile. None survived. However, she has mated 3 times. If a sac is te outcome, it will remain with her until day 45.

Attachments

TLover007

Arachnosquire
Sadly, all eggs seemed to be infertile. None survived. However, she has mated 3 times. If a sac is te outcome, it will remain with her until day 45.
Beautifull pics... hope for the best she gives you a nice sac again...

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Among other things, this thread makes me want to try my hand at breeding stirmis as my first such project. I have a gorgeous 7/8 inch female....someday..

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They weren't very difficult to breed at all. The female ran out each time, she was very receptive. It took 3 and a half month to get a sac from her, which i hear is very quick for this species. She seemed to take well care of the sac, thus why if i get another one from her, it will remain with her longer. The male and her have been in the same tank for a week now. They were out today right next to eachother just sitting there. I threw a dubia one direction, she grabbed it, threw another the other direction, he grabbed it. The females of this species are very territorial and aggressive based on what ive read, so this is something new to me for sure. I'll keep everyone posted.

Really wanting to spread these around to everyone.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Update on that first batch. Eggs were infertile, all turned to mold :(

ROUND TWO

Well first is suppose to be a video, which did not load properly.
Click the picture to view my pictures, you'll see a video of them mating.

The deli cup was to prevent a slip ;)

---------- Post added 11-05-2014 at 09:16 PM ----------

Big girl right here. 9" male and a quarter for size reference

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Is male Goliath carpace larger than the next largest species Female? Not counting Goliath pinkfoot.
Good luck on eggsack !

Last edited:

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is male Goliath carpace larger than the next largest species Female? Not counting Goliath pinkfoot.
Good luck on eggsack !
I'm uncertain about what exactly you're talking about, but Theraphosa females carapace's tend to be larger as the females of this species are much bulkier than the males. T. stirmi and T. blondi females are bulky, but apophysis tend to be more leggier, even with females. At least that is what I read, someone correct me if I'm incorrect.