Tarantula Keeper's Guide

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the info. Everyone post here if your from the US and you get your copy.

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One and All -

At the risk of being accused of blowing my own whistle for personal gain, I thought you might be interested in knowing that Barron's has just informed me that the Tarantula Keeper's Guide, Third Edition has now arrived in their warehouses and is being shipped even as I type this to North American Destinations. Your wait is almost over.

Now we get to hear what you think of it!

bugguy1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's awesome news - I am sure it will be worth the wait! Hopefully I will be getting my delivery confirmation from Amazon.com soon!

binky

Arachnopeon
This is awesome news! I'm so excited! I hope that amazon.ca ships soon too!

Kirk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just received an email from the publisher that my copy was shipped today.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I will be getting mine soon:D
Can't wait. I've been looking forward to this for a while now:)

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Stan, if you and your wife feel like coming to the American side of Niagara Falls, look us up at Pets Plus. We are one of the largest reptile wholesalers in the north east, and I'm the Tarantula guy at the store. We all have our own areas of expertise (I also specialize in Carpet Pythons). It would be incredible to meet you both and give you a tour of our huge facility.

Eric

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Tarantula Keeper's Guide was a big influence in my decision to get my first T .Tarantula Keeper's Guide second edition helped my daughter with her first T's .She is 12 now and has 29 T's and counting(Dad helps some:D ).we can't wait to get the next edition.

naganalf1

Arachnopeon
I just ordered my 3rd edition copy from Amazon yesterday but they still have the status listed as "pre-order" with no approximate shipping date. Hopefully that will change now that Stan has confirmed the publisher has the book in stock.

mattie

Arachnopeon
Im in the uk was supposed to receive my copy before 3/3/09 received this from amazon today

Dear Customer,
We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order #
We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed:
Stanley A. Schultz, Marguerite J. Schultz "Tarantula Keeper's
Guide" [Paperback]
Estimated arrival date: 16/03/09 - 26/03/09
We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes

this is the third delay so far hope one day i receive my copy

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just ordered my 3rd edition copy from Amazon yesterday but they still have the status listed as "pre-order" with no approximate shipping date. Hopefully that will change now that Stan has confirmed the publisher has the book in stock.
I presume that it will take a few days for Barron's to ship a pallet of cases of books to amazon.com, a few days for them to process the orders, and a few days for either UPS or the USPS to get them to your door. UPS is usually pretty good, but I have serious doubts about the USPS. Under any circumstances, the best we can do is exercise a little patience. (Says I, who is sitting here on pins and needles waiting for my own copy of the book right along with the rest of you! :( )

Im in the uk was supposed to receive my copy before 3/3/09 received this from amazon today

Dear Customer,
We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order #
We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed:
Stanley A. Schultz, Marguerite J. Schultz "Tarantula Keeper's
Guide" [Paperback]
Estimated arrival date: 16/03/09 - 26/03/09
We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes

this is the third delay so far hope one day i receive my copy
Now I am confused. In another posting (maybe on another thread) someone (I think in Germany) stated that they'd already received their copy from amazon in the UK, and someone else (presumably from N. America) had received an E-mail from Barrons that their copy had been shipped several days ago.

I think that we're in that gray zone somewhere between updating the webpage, shipping, and receiving. My guess is that we'll all start receiving them on Monday. At least I hope so. Maybe. Possibly. If the wind blows in the right direction. ...

Kirk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Mine's in the mail from Barron's, with UPS delivery scheduled for 9 March.

arachnidgirl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just ordered mine today from Coles Book store...YAY!!!!!!{D
I should get it in a couple of weeks

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'll be ordering mine through Amazon. The first book is great, hoping the new one will be better :D

bugguy1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just checked Borders' website and they are saying that it is backordered and that it usually ships in 4-8 weeks. They also say that it is not available in any stores. Then I checked Barnes & Noble's website and they list it as out of stock (though there is a link on there to a seller who says he has it available to be shipped now). Go figure. :?