Tarantula Pet Peeves

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I would say it's pretty correct as without spiders we would be over-run with all sorts of pest and have no food and without bees, we have a grossly limited amount of food; both are vital to our survival, yet we kill em anyway.
Most people don't realize how dependent we are on inverts. The world could not support nearly as many people without them.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Most people don't realize how dependent we are on inverts. The world could not support nearly as many people without them.
Most animals that we consider scary or "killable" are generally very helpful. Snakes take care of rodents, bats eat moths and mosquitoes, wasps/spiders eat a lot of nuisance and disease carrying bugs, wolves/foxes/coyotes save the forest from erosion and us from ticks, the list goes on. People are not good at focusing on the big picture and just think of the now, which includes spraying the bejesus out of their house with toxic chemicals to keep out a few little spiders.

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
when ever somebody asks me that I say " I don't know I've never tried to eat one"

Last edited:

Ashton

Arachnoknight
Usually when people say they are gross it gets to me. Then I ask why and they try to explain that they are dirty and not clean then I get overly frustrated and try to explain that the dirt we use is usually pretty sterile for what it is. I usually ask them to look at their hands and phones and think about what they have touched compared to what a T does. That always shuts 'em up.