Tegenaria Domestica.

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Very nice! Really like the blue sheen on the females. Cool find, thanks for sharing.

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
They are very interesting for sure. This was from a huge group that was in the basement of a house a friend is renovating.
All living in really close proximity. That male was webbed up only about six inches away from a female.

I collected the three pictured. This was back in early March and the temps were still dropping into the teens at night and this house had no heat running because of the construction.
I found them anywhere from a few inches off the floor all the way to the ceiling.

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
That is something I noticed about the "colony" in my home, for lack of a better term. I found 6 living all within a few inches from each other. A while back, I tried keeping some communally. It did not end well, they may tolerate being in close proximity but don't appear to be communal.

Last edited:

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
How do you have them set up?
One of the females and the male were co-habbed in a 32 oz deli cup. Male has since done his deed and departed this life.
Second female is in a five oz deli cup. Both set up with places to anchor their webbing and be able to build their webs and have a dark place to back up in.
They have been feeding on fff's and they can move along that sheet webbing and grab prey crazy fast.

Attachments

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
I wanted to do some more research before posting these to see if I can find anything about these spiders reproducing that maybe correspond with what I've seen.
I'm assuming nothing out of the ordinary,but really interesting. Both spiders in these pictures are mature males . I will eventually get a better pic of the one that's on the webbing with the egg sacks so you can see.

I couldn't find the female anywhere near the egg sacks.

Attachments

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
We love to see it 🥰🥰🥰 I started the hobby with these spiders 😊 they are lovingly called Tetchy in our house 😁

This vid may help, he has a part 2 aswell 😊