The Most Ridiculous Thing... some people...

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
woah woah wait... so they were all in the same tank!?
Yuup ikr? All in a 125 with no bark or anything to hide besides burrows or plants (which idk hiw safe they r with them plants)

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

skippydude

Arachnobaron
I got some ocean front property in Arizona, from my front porch you can see wild B smithi :D

Sorry couldn't help myself :sarcasm:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Do I have to say anything in regards to this video?

[youtube]sHMiKlp9Qv0[/youtube]

Bottom line: Be very careful about what you "believe" when you watch videos. Tarantulas cannot be tamed. They're wild animals, venomous predators at that and nocturnal. Any interaction with a human is "tolerated", not "cherished".

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer

Bottom line: Be very careful about what you "believe" when you watch videos. Tarantulas cannot be tamed. They're wild animals, venomous predators at that and nocturnal. Any interaction with a human is "tolerated", not "cherished".
I gotta admit... I cringed a few times watching that.

netr

Arachnoknight
^ It isn't impressive to badger an animal that unequivocally wants to be left alone. I believe that muticus would enjoy much deeper substrate, too. Those chunky rear two legs are for digging, so give it something to dig!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I hate to admit, I wanted to see that idiot get bit. That poor T, what a terrible life to be forced into :(

Man i almost cried... im not sure if its the T droped on its back like 5 times or the guy didnt get bit the 25 times he should have xC

I too feel for this poor T xc i wanted him ti get bit after attempt 2

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
From the video description:
"P.S. I haven't ever been bitten by venomous tarantulas. Only by Psalmopoeus cambridgei and not because of trying to handle her"

There's a chance they DID get bit....it just may not have counted (and unfortunately wasn't captured on camera).

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I only posted that to put attention that if you want to see ridiculous stuff in regards to our hobby (or anything else) - youtube is an everlasting source of that kinda stuff. *shrugs* Good thing most of us know better.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon

That makes me so angry. It's too bad she was so reticent to bite because that guy deserves it a thousand times over. Poor girl-I'm surprised she didn't loose a leg being toppled over by him repeatedly like that. :c

TLover007

Arachnosquire
I hate to admit, I wanted to see that idiot get bit. That poor T, what a terrible life to be forced into :(
I agree with you dude!!!

Im crazy... and I Love Ts!!!!

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 07:19 PM ----------

When i see stuff like this or some of those vids on youtube of people eating Ts I get physically sick... I just wana puke it feels like someone is killing my family on front of me...

Yentlequible

Arachnoknight
I agree with you dude!!!

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 07:19 PM ----------

When i see stuff like this or some of those vids on youtube of people eating Ts I get physically sick... I just wana puke it feels like someone is killing my family on front of me...

Some people eat tarantulas just because it's in their culture and has been for as long as they have known. I wouldn't get upset at them for that. It's unfortunate, but it's the way of life.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Some people eat tarantulas just because it's in their culture and has been for as long as they have known. I wouldn't get upset at them for that. It's unfortunate, but it's the way of life.
I watched a documentary once about a tarantula collector looking for a species that only lives in Mexican caves. He was hanging with the natives and thy did a ritual where they cook tarantulas and eat them, and they offered him one. Not trying to be rude he ate it, but he was like "man this is gross. I'm not going to be doin that any time soon" I laughed pretty hard at that.

And he did happen to find one of the tarantulas he was looking for. It was pretty cool.

TLover007

Arachnosquire
No no im not talking about them... there are people who do dares and challenges of some sort and then the one was the loser had to eat a live T and there was another guy I saw also normal guy not from a different culture eating a live T just for the attention... I cant even watch it... makes me go insane...

cold blood

Staff member
The fact that people eat them is irrelevant to this horrible video. Fine, kill them and eat them if you have to, but this is just plain abuse and mistreatment of an animal not residing in a kitchen, but a furnished bedroom. Clearly not a t destined for the appetizer plate, but for the hobby. People eat dogs in other places, but that certainly doesn't excuse abuse or neglect of dogs, does it? Not even if they are to be eaten. Its not legal or moral to abuse cattle destined for the butcher either.

I really cannot believe this guy didn't get bit. Horrible way to go about a pinch grab, and I'm not a fan of that grab from the start. Just how close he was holding the chop sticks was stupid, he was clearly within the king's range. I sometimes wonder why those that deserve to get bit the most, are somehow able to get away with such reckless behavior without consequence repeatedly.

Top off the guys husbandry ignorance with a terrible enclosure for P. muticus. One of the best burrowing species around, kept like an lp, with zero room to make its wonderful tunnel system. I beg that guy to at least fill that tub with sub! I mean what's the point of getting the species if you are not gonna let it burrow. Its like getting an avic and not letting it climb! But then again, for a cowboy like that guy, allowing it to burrow would make it more difficult to roust the beast for its stupid owner to make his "wonderfull" videos to show off.

I'll never understand some people's need/desire to root t's out of their lairs to show them off or even to try to feed them, like I have seen often. Lets put a stick in its hole, drive it into the open and see if it will eat a cricket or see if it will be in the mood to be handled....then be surprised when they fail to initiate a feeding response or get a threat or worse, a bolter.

I don't wish anyone a bite, but the guy in that vid really deserved it....no respect for the KING!

Last edited:

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron

I've never wanted someone to get bitten so badly in all my life.

Medusa

Arachnoknight
Is this the "Michael Vick" of the tarantula world? Beautiful spider...such a shame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CrystalRose

Arachnopeon

Wow. I feel really sorry for that spider. All it wants is to be left alone and he won't stop poking at it.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Is this the "Michael Vick" of the tarantula world? Beautiful spider...such a shame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He is not "the" so much as "a". As Storm and this thread points out, there are a lot of people like this out there. They buy tarantulas not for the sake of admiring them, learning from them but in an unfortunate attempt to bolster their self-esteem, as if owning a T (any T really but the more dangerous sounding the better) somehow adds magical "manly" points to some non-existent stat sheet. Hence we get dude bro owners like that guy who want to show off by harassing a King Baboon. :/