The Rule of Fifty

coldvaper

Arachnosquire
Chris is one of the worst over at the guitar site. T's are a lot cheaper than guitars though, so its easier to go nuts for the not wealthy. A. versicolor should be on my list, but Avicularias as a whole just sort of bore me. The A. avicularia I had never webbed much, except when it molted. Wasn't overly aggressive eater, but did grow at a decent rate. Eh I'll probably end up getting a versicolor and a metallica eventually.
My veriscolor and my avic,avic are completely different. I have had my versicolor attack the water i was spraying its enclosure with. It is one of my favorite Ts.

peterUK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tarantulas are like cookies. . . . one is just not enough :)

Since getting back into the hobby 7 months ago i said that i'll just get a few. . . .I'm now upto about 300 (havent counted them lately)

WickedInverts

Arachnopeon
They are just like tattoos. I can say that I've been able to only have one tat for the last 17 years, but went from 1 to 11 T's in 3 months and have 4 more arriving on tuesday. Now that I'm into the spiders it makes me want a spider tattoed on me. I look at it like this, I can try and fight it or jump head first. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

captmarga

Arachnobaron
At 114 at the moment, but that number changes tonight when I pick up slings from a breeder who used my OBT male. And tomorrow when I get more from my Nhandu chromatus male...

Marga

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I went from 0 to 50 in no time at all. Plus about 20 scorpions. When I was spending 10 hours a week just feeding them and was about to leave for grad school, it was time to sell most of them. Now I'm starting the collection again, and you know how it goes. "I'll just keep one of every species that I TRULY LOVE, and that's it. If it's a female I'll breed her, if it's a male I'll 50/50". We'll see how far that goes. I'm guessing in a couple months I'll be up to my eyeballs in them again.

Leora22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Lil sis convinced our parents to get me my first T for my graduation present back in May now I have 11 :) and I soon more... my sis is getting me some for Christmas (I peeked at her Christmas list hehe) ...gosh I love my lil sis :)

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I started out with 1 T... then 8.. then 25.. 50 - 70 -- now breaking 80 .. and if I get more OBts ill push 90 Ts...
then im stopping til they get bigger
I only have so many Ts cuz i got multiples hopeing for a female... I do not own 80 different Species LOL@@ more like 20-30 different species

Ts are addicting.. so cool!!

VenomousFangs

Arachnopeon
Well I only have 7 T's and have only been in the hobby for a month and I know that if I had more £ and a bigger flat I would definetely have some big numbers but I have to be realistic with how many I can have so I've set myself a limit of 33 for now due to space. The hardest part is having to keep adjusting my most wanted shopping list (was 60+ now at 45) maybe I'm just greedy but it's very stressful knowing that you can't have all the T's that you want

Amy Beth

Arachnopeon
My husband says that I have to stop at 15...we will see. I have 10 now and there is a reptile show on Sunday. I am new to the hobby but I love it. It is much better than the pencil collection I have :) and I have thousands of those.

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
Its so much fun. Started with 1 in Sept. then 2 in October. Then 3 last week, and this week I've got 3 more on the way. I will end up with lots since my wishlist is more like a shopping list.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Supplies. I went to the reptile show for supplies. At this show there are rarely any tarantulas that I'm interested in as most are WC and/or species that aren't attractive to me.
Fifty six. I couldn't resist the CB G. pulchra and G. pulchripes slings so I'm up to 56 tarantulas. I'm getting almost too good at smuggling them through the house and into my bedroom... LOL

Ben Oliver

Arachnopeon
i went from 6 to 11 overnight with a trade. i haven't set a number to how many i will have or what species, but i would like to keep their numbers to about 20 or so, that way i can keep up with my lizards and T's.

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i went from 6 to 11 overnight with a trade. i haven't set a number to how many i will have or what species, but i would like to keep their numbers to about 20 or so, that way i can keep up with my lizards and T's.
We're the 11 club :p
The best thing about Ts is the collectibility. That's why I stopped at 5 snakes and a skink; too much space and they all need heaters.

kinglaz85

Arachnopeon
:happy::happy::happy::happy:i got first T (G rosea) on march 20 of this year. Now i have 38 T's most are sling... and im gonna order 10 more slings in about a week!!!! then i will be done for this year...can't wait to see what 2012 will bring me. MORE T'S!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: NO LIMIT IS SIGHT

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
Sitting pretty at 42 but I've got a wishlist three pages long, so yep I think I'll end up breaking the 50 T barrier.

Guess I'll set the limit to 70...

krbrown1994

Arachnopeon
Sitting here thinking about a "good" idea for me, not for my dad lol. He says I'm only allowed 4 Ts (that'll be broken as soon as I have enough money for a GBB, 2 OBTs, a P. regalis, and... and well idk the last one but need to bring it to a even number ending in a 0).. We all know how they say the world is gonna end on December 22, 2012.. On the 21st I'm going on a T shopping spree with all my saved up money lol