Genus Theraphosa

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ya august 2006 i think they were only like 2nd instar i can,t wait till they get really big
Dang, that is insanely fast. Do you know the gender of each? Hopefully they both don't turn out male. :( Did you powerfeed them?

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes i feed them as much as they could eat and tried to keep them nice and warm around 80 to 85 degrees most of the time it was the begining of august when i bought them so its been 9 months iam not sure of the sex of them just yet i tried to sex them but i really couldn,t tell for sure hopefully it will be easier with the next molts heres a pic from a earlyer post

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wont be able to sex off this molt the abdomin part was pretty messed up. I was guess the legspan to be around the 3" mark, But I cant be sure as shes still in the hide and hasnt come out yet.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Chris, Your spider looks like a male. If you can post a ventral shot of the spider it should be pretty easy to sex, once its around 4 inches or so.

Later, Tom

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Theraphosa blondi

Mateing

Female with sac

My hand still itches;)

28 Grams

Post embryo

Later, Tom

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Theraphosa blondi

Mateing

Female with sac

My hand still itches;)

28 Grams

Post embryo

Later, Tom
:eek: That female, sac, and postembryos are huge! What would you compare the size of the postembryos too?

Ha, I see the female peeking at you in all her anger in the third pic.

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that is awesome i hope and dream of one day having a sucsesfull blondi sac and yes that one did turn out to be a male

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
That female, sac, and postembryos are huge! What would you compare the size of the postembryos too?
The eggs were about the size of a green pea.

Later, Tom

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
tom congrats on the eggsac!dont see many people have luck with these.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
congrats tom! ha the egg sac even looks bigger than the male. {D brave little guy.

last night when i had to go to sleep early to wake up early today..i noticed my blondi on its back..of course. so i missed the show..but i woke up to see everything went smoothly.

last night

this afternoon

my chips are all on female..but i figured i'd run it by everyone here. thanks in advance for replies. :D

epr0gress

Arachnopeon
Please help me if you can!!!

I have 2 juvenile Blondies and 1 subadult female Apophysis and some other T`s but this thing I didn`t saw in my life!!! :

My juvenile female Blondi just molted and on her abdomen is a bigger round space without hair and another 2 little spaces. But the bigger space look like a wound or something. The second thing is that : the abdomen is not uniform,is somehow,near that two tails bigger...

And the bomb is this: She molted 2-3 days ago and both fangs are red like blood!

Please tell me if someone did see something like this or know the reason of happening this or the cure!

She have always 95% humidity and good temperature...

I don`t have a camera to take pictures but belive me that all I say is true and very very strange... I haved near 30 T`s and never saw red fangs or a circle wound without hair after a moult! And I don`t have mites or fungus in the terrarium!!!

Thanks!