Today in the Spider Room?

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I bred Theaphosonae sp. piura (Th. pruriens) in 2021... I kept two slings and the female is adult now (by the way, the other one is a male...:). Absolute unterrated species...

DSCN0005.JPG DSCN0001.JPG
DSCN0006.JPG

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
20240426_012901.jpg
Prep to separate the next eggsack. In other words, I've all but confirmed my fourth eggsack this year has been laid.

Wonder if 1k slings produced in a year might be an achievable goal for 2024.....

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
View attachment 471774
Prep to separate the next eggsack. In other words, I've all but confirmed my fourth eggsack this year has been laid.

Wonder if 1k slings produced in a year might be an achievable goal for 2024.....
We're only 1/3 of the way through the year, and if each sac has had at least as many as you've got there, you're more than halfway there... It doesn't sound unreasonable to me - just gotta keep your pace! Or, pick up a breeding pair of LP's and knock it out in one fell swoop - hahaha! 😄

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
We're only 1/3 of the way through the year, and if each sac has had at least as many as you've got there, you're more than halfway there... It doesn't sound unreasonable to me - just gotta keep your pace! Or, pick up a breeding pair of LP's and knock it out in one fell swoop - hahaha! 😄
Keys to minimizing stress as a breeder:
  1. DON'T breed anything that starts with Lasiodora.
  2. See rule 1.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
How to tell your curly hair is most likely wild caught? Fill her water dish and see what she does. 😅
1000006651.jpg

Also, rehoused the D whitei. She's so cool! Hopefully she doesn't burrow away and never emerge.
1000006880.jpg

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
20240426_205714.jpg
There are 228 individually housed specimens in this 5 cubic feet of sling shelves (Akcaya sack was 141).

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
How to tell your curly hair is most likely wild caught? Fill her water dish and see what she does. 😅
View attachment 471792

Also, rehoused the D whitei. She's so cool! Hopefully she doesn't burrow away and never emerge.
View attachment 471793
Miss my wc curly It was so cool never had a threat pose . Unfortunately it had sucking stomach issues and couldn’t eat its prey right cage was littered with pieces of roach .
right now I’m thinking how I’m going to arrange a Lasiodora Cage.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Okay, I'm officially obsessed with this little dude. Rehoused it from the sling vial. I'll admit I was stingy with the substrate so I can monitor more closely, seems I already failed this munchkin, it can clearly hold is own. And I don't have to worry about it not eating. It bites everything that comes in contact with it (not the other way around) and since I could anticipate this, we did a voluntary style, vial inside new enclosure, with moss as the bridge. It bit the moss predictably and then all I had to do was pull the vial out 🤣

PXL_20240426_001223093.jpg

What a beautiful overnight creation
PXL_20240427_161511463.jpg

Qinglong, Cyriopagopus albostriatus Ratchaburi, my first of the genus so cut me some slack lol

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Okay, I'm officially obsessed with this little dude. Rehoused it from the sling vial. I'll admit I was stingy with the substrate so I can monitor more closely, seems I already failed this munchkin, it can clearly hold is own. And I don't have to worry about it not eating. It bites everything that comes in contact with it (not the other way around) and since I could anticipate this, we did a voluntary style, vial inside new enclosure, with moss as the bridge. It bit the moss predictably and then all I had to do was pull the vial out 🤣

View attachment 471850

What a beautiful overnight creation
View attachment 471849

Qinglong, Cyriopagopus albostriatus Ratchaburi, my first of the genus so cut me some slack lol
I found them listed a while back near me for sale and the coloring on the picture posted blew me away . Definitely on my list.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
I like your order very much! That's how it has to work.
Thanks and agreed. I made these like 1-2 years ago as an experiment and I've been extremely impressed with not only the density of slings that can be effectively housed and cared for easily, but their extreme versatility as well (I'm currently using them for 4 different sizes of deli cups).

After this breeding season, I have plans to convert the whole 48" x 18" rack into a dual incubator sling setup that can incubate up to 8 eggsacks at a time and house over 1k slings in 5.5oz delis.

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
Picked up and assembled my second shelving unit and started getting some moved around. Have a TON of rehousings to do over next month or two.
IMG_8185.jpeg

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Picked up and assembled my second shelving unit and started getting some moved around. Have a TON of rehousings to do over next month or two.
View attachment 471879
I foresee a rather large collection in your future lol. I don't know how far ahead you've thought out your room design or if you're currently breeding/have aspirations to breed tarantulas, but I'd advise to definently be thinking about how you can heat/humidify the room in the event of a power outage. It looks like you're already heating the room independently, so you're partially there.

https://arachnoboards.com/threads/l4nskys-dedicated-room-upgrades.360125/

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
definently be thinking about how you can heat/humidify the room in the event of a power outage
House is on a generator. Can run fridge, ac/furnace, lights and the outlets in that room on it. I have a humidifier/dehumidfier in there as well for when I need it. Been raining a lot last few weeks so haven’t needed either.

I foresee a rather large collection in your future lol
I have 85 tarantulas and 9 scorpions at the moment. The rooms current layout takes into account all adult enclosures (which I have been slowly accumulating in the basement lol).

no plans to breed at this time, but that will likely change in coming years.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Rita ( A. moderatum) came out of her burrow after hiding for 6 months. I was hoping that she would've molted, but she emerged looking for food and chunkier than ever! Maybe she'll molt next year....classic Aphonopelma. She's also tiny. Less than 2 in legspan. IMG_20240427_123743961~2.jpg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
More rehousings yesterday...

0.1 Davus ruficeps, 1.5" DLS:
P4260029.JPG
P4260020.JPG

0.1 Euathlus truculentus, 1.5" DLS, in perpetual premolt:
P4260016.JPG

0.1 Neischnocolus sp. Panama, 1.875" DLS:
P4260001.JPG

0.1 Pamphobetus ultramarinus, 2.25" DLS - gained 0.75" with her last molt:
P4260031.JPG
P4260033.JPG

Tomorrow (today?) it'll be the Asian fossorial juveniles turn for rehousing. Better get my rest!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I have two at that size and I swear I have aphonapelma that grow faster lol.
Yes, I've got Euathlus truculentus, sp. "bronze", and sp. "tiger", and they all three grow about as quickly as my Homoeomma specimens. I like to tell my kid that whole bunch will be his inheritance, lol.

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
I've got Euathlus truculentus, sp. "bronze", and sp. "tiger", and they all three grow about as quickly as my Homoeomma specimens.
I have blue and green femur. But for two years they have been pink. Now they are brown lol
I like to tell my kid that whole bunch will be his inheritance, lol
🤣 I told my kid the same for these guys and my chilenses lol