Question Unsubscribe from general classifieds?

Brodeep

Arachnopeon
Is it possible to unsubscribe from (or mute) the general classifieds? There are always new notifications every time I log in, but since I don't live in the US, these are irrelevant to me. I know I can just mark them as read, but it is a minor annoyance. Thanks!

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Is it possible to unsubscribe from (or mute) the general classifieds? There are always new notifications every time I log in, but since I don't live in the US, these are irrelevant to me. I know I can just mark them as read, but it is a minor annoyance. Thanks!

If you are "watching" the Classifieds, you should just be able to go to the general category and click "unwatch".

Hope that helps. :)

Brodeep

Arachnopeon
If you are "watching" the Classifieds, you should just be able to go to the general category and click "unwatch".
Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't watching anything, however you may have put me onto the right track. Instead, I went to "Your news feed" -> "New classified ads" and changed the filter from "unread" to "watched" and set it as default. My thinking is because I am not watching anything, it will stay "silent". I'll wait and see if this accomplishes what I am looking to do.

Appreciate it! :)

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't watching anything, however you may have put me onto the right track. Instead, I went to "Your news feed" -> "New classified ads" and changed the filter from "unread" to "watched" and set it as default. My thinking is because I am not watching anything, it will stay "silent". I'll wait and see if this accomplishes what I am looking to do.

Appreciate it! :)
Gotcha. Hope it works. Do let me know. :)

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Didn't work, still get told how many new ads there are. Oh well.
Can you please explain where you are getting these notifications? Are they actual notifications? Or are you talking about the number that appears in the toolbar?

Brodeep

Arachnopeon
Can you please explain where you are getting these notifications? Are they actual notifications? Or are you talking about the number that appears in the toolbar?
Yeah, the number that appears in the toolbar beside "Classifieds"

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Thanks! That number is not a "notification", even though it notifies you of new Classifieds ads. Anytime something new is posted in the Classifieds, that you have access to, it will show up. You can, however, turn it off completely. Which means that if you want to see something in a specific non general Classifieds category, it will not show up either. Basically, it is either on or off.

The number can be turned off by going to your user preferences and unchecking the box next to "Show new items indicator on classifieds tab" (under "content options").

Hope that helps. :)

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Oh wow, that did it.. you rock! I must have scrolled right past it when I was first looking in my preferences. Thanks a bunch!
That is a minor pitfall annoyance. Almost seven screens of settings people tend to zoom through. I put up with annoyances for a couple of years until I diligently went through the selections reading each carefully. On the bright side it's very nice to have all those options available. Above and beyond all other forums that I have visited.