update on the liphistius communal setup

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Where did you get all the plants and moss? Local stuff or store/online bought?

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i would love to introduce something to keep the woodlice in check.

there is several various predators of the wood louse. However. the most prominant that comes to mind (and unfortunetly not the species name) is the bright orange lice eating spiders that are local to california. (will edit this post later for the name) about 2cm body lengh.. however. I am unsure how it would interact with the Trappies. weather they would pick it off. if it would avoid their tunnels. or what- it would be intresting to find out however.

edit: as promised. Dysdera crocata
the woodlice eating spider.

I use it in many of my T terriums that have the more naturual appeal and they generaly are no more of a nuisance then the woodlice cleaners themselve. but makes a nice little. circle. One female per tank usualy does the job. though I have had the problem of the spider over eating the Woodlice- and in such situations its usualy only hunting season type deal. one month in two months out.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i hate your setup!!!!!! it sucks!!
wait a minute ,im just jealous , i wish i could have my pokie cages setup like that is just about the bestup for any critter i have ever seen period , it makes all of mine look like crap. i can tell you put alot of time in setting this up. very spioled spiders