Upside down but not molting

mylo2145

Arachnopeon
Last night I found my tarantula(g. pulchripes) upside down so I assumed it was molting but this morning its back to normal and hasn't molted. It also hasn't been eating. Is it possible that it got inturrupted and stopped?

Attachments

Last edited:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Can you post pictures to give us a visual? We cannot see what you're seeing, so a picture would help a lot on giving us a visual as to what the problem may potentially be.

mylo2145

Arachnopeon
Can you post pictures to give us a visual? We cannot see what you're seeing, so a picture would help a lot on giving us a visual as to what the problem may potentially be.
I have no pictures of when it was upside down but I added one from today. I can add one of the enclosure too if that would be helpful.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
When it comes to molting, tarantulas know better. If they decide to molt, then they will do it, if not, they won’t.

And to your question, yes tarantulas seldom do that.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Last night I found my tarantula(g. pulchripes) upside down so I assumed it was molting but this morning its back to normal and hasn't molted. It also hasn't been eating. Is it possible that it got inturrupted and stopped?
Yea

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
@ladyratri had a pulchra that fooled her several times flipping, then changing her mind.
At least once of note:

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I can add one of the enclosure too if that would be helpful.
It would be helpful - it's possible that your T was climbing and fell onto it's back and hadn't managed to right itself by the time you saw it. They get especially clumsy if they're nearing a molt, so it would be good to see the enclosure to make sure it's set up correctly to minimize fall risk.

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
I've had a couple of brachypelma do this over a couple of days and they ended up molting.
it's possible that your T was climbing and fell onto it's back and hadn't managed to right itself by the time you saw it.
this is a very distinct possibility as well