Weird spot on my T’s abdomen / urticating bristles ?

lilimai

Arachnopeon
I noticed this bright white spot and uneven texture on my T’s abdomen yesterday while checking up on her. I tried to search for some information on what it could be, but the only thing i got was that it could be a blister-like urticating bristle that could show up in premolt. There are no other signs of premolt yet except for indigestion.

I was wondering if you had any ideas and comments about it and if i should be worried. A few pictures below! They aren’t the best, but i couldn’t get any better at this moment.

DSC_1938.jpeg DSC_1936.jpeg

Thank you for your help!!

Attachments

gabrieldezzi

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the answer. Is there anything I could do to make it go away or will it just disappear during the next molt?
I'm not totally understanding of tarantula cysts (and fortunately never experienced them) but if I remember correctly they can both..

A. Disappear/shrink the next molt

B. Get larger or more serious next molt

Let this molt play out and after its exoskeleton hardens see if the cyst is still there.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I have a B hamorii that has a rather large cyst (or the book lung effaced for some reason or maybe a little bit of both)...it's a bit gnarly looking. It got worse with the next molt but she seems unaffected.

When I originally posted it was recommended that I keep her on the thin side.... I did my best, she gets one cricket q 60 days, but still plumped up. She wants to eat the water stream every time I fill her dish (she's hungry).

Just me, but I keep corn starch near her enclosure so it's never too far away, just in case.
PXL_20240330_024202732.jpg