Well, apparently I like to jump in with both feet!

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
And that's why you want to keep males alive. Some people keep pairing them up with the same female until she kills him, or they leave him in with her. If the female molts, you've shot yourself in the foot.
You mean people leave the males in there intentionally for the female to kill him? That seems irresponsible some how.. I mean, when I pair them again I know there is a risk that she might kill him but I should think any responsible person would do the best they could to minimize the risk??

this is why i refuse to keep them togeather more then few hrs some ppl say 24 but idk lol
Tbh, I don't think I could handle the stress of leaving him with her un supervised... I mean, he's a MM and not long for this world but we really like our little Clyde lol. I'd feel horrible if he died just because I didn't spend a little time ensuring his safety.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
this is why i refuse to keep them togeather more then few hrs some ppl say 24
24 hours for Poecs and Asian arboreals. Everything is should be down within a half hour (often minutes) and carefully supervised.

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 05:20 AM ----------

Okay this may be dumb but I was under the impression that the best recipe for success and longevity of participants was to pair as a supervised activity. Did I miss something?
Longevity of the male is of no concern to some. They'll roll the dice and leave in males for a day when there's no reason for it, and leave Poec males in for weeks. This greatly increases the likelihood of the male's death. Then the female molts and they need another male.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
24 hours for Poecs and Asian arboreals. Everything is should be down within a half hour (often minutes) and carefully supervised.

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 05:20 AM ----------

Longevity of the male is of no concern to some. They'll roll the dice and leave in males for a day when there's no reason for it, and leave Poec males in for weeks. This greatly increases the likelihood of the male's death. Then the female molts and they need another male.
exactly. but i dont know if id want to risk that long with some of those poec and asians. as its ment to breed many girls not feed one ;)