what are the largest arboreal tarantulas?

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
soo...care to share details regarding your friends care techniques? Id like a 15-inch rosie please.
Actually, his rosie is about 5in, so not all of his Ts are abnormally large. Good luck getting your rosie to 15in. ;)

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
the largest i have seen in person is my P. ornata. Closest measurement i can get is 9.5" ls and pretty bulky. Ryan had one that beat that pretty easily at close to if not more than 12"(if memory serves )
I think RobC has one close to 11"
but I haven't seen all arboreal's. and do not forget there are probably a lot that are as of yet unidentified, and or not in the hobby/

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the largest i have seen in person is my P. ornata. Closest measurement i can get is 9.5" ls and pretty bulky. Ryan had one that beat that pretty easily at close to if not more than 12"(if memory serves )
I think RobC has one close to 11"
but I haven't seen all arboreal's. and do not forget there are probably a lot that are as of yet unidentified, and or not in the hobby/
wow, a foot long t!
thats crazy!

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my mature female A. huriana recently moulted and is huge.
My geusstimate from holding my hand opposite her on the side of the tank would put her easily at 7.5 inches, maybe even 8 inches...I will try to measure her soon with a ruler.

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
do p. irminias get big? and do they web good? Ive wanted one since i laid eye on them. Oh so gorgeous and fiesty. Mmm fiesty beauties

Leet I love that tarantula !!!!!

Last edited:

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I always thought they were Haplopelma.

Apparently, they're Cyriopagopus.
LOL, Me too. haha

But I think the "bulkiest" arboreal is a species recently introduced to the hobby. The Borneo Black. I forget the scientific name. I think it might start with an L. Never owned one so I don't know for sure.

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL, Me too. haha

But I think the "bulkiest" arboreal is a species recently introduced to the hobby. The Borneo Black. I forget the scientific name. I think it might start with an L. Never owned one so I don't know for sure.
syndicate has one of these and iv never heard him mention this