What do trapdoor spiders do with the bodies?

SolifugidSultanate

Arachnopeon
I've had my Damarchus Workmani trapdoor spider for some months now and its never once brought any waste up to the surface and I have never seen any other species of trapdoor do that either. Do they bury the waste? Do they have a trash room? Do they line the walls with leftover matter? What do they do?

Attached: a recent feeding of my Workmani in slow motion

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Video won’t work for me , I don’t have any trapdoors but it’s weird no bolas ?

SolifugidSultanate

Arachnopeon
Video won’t work for me , I don’t have any trapdoors but it’s weird no bolas ?

Nope! No trash is brought up at all. Also, judging from the amount of dirt actually brought up by the spider to the surface, it does not strike me as a particularly large tunnel network and I feel like that, in combination with how long I have had him, is some indication that he must be doing something with the remains,

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
There is a segment of a Steve Irwin video where he checked abandoned spider holes to determine what it had been eating. Also a way to tell if she has had a hubby... (for lunch).

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Many species shred up the leftover exoskeletons and stuff them in an underground chamber

[Edit]
Not sure why the comment double posted, sorry

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
interesting. do you know of any burrow dissections or graphs or something that show how this works?
Not off the top of my head, but soon ive gotta get a Euoplos out of its burrow of several years to transfer it permanently into a vivarium, I'll save this thread and try and add a pic of all the bunched up remains inside. Some traps will fling the remains out in small balls away from the burrow to lead possible predators away, but most of the Aussie ones I've had hoard them underground unless they build up too much

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Not off the top of my head, but soon ive gotta get a Euoplos out of its burrow of several years to transfer it permanently into a vivarium, I'll save this thread and try and add a pic of all the bunched up remains inside. Some traps will fling the remains out in small balls away from the burrow to lead possible predators away, but most of the Aussie ones I've had hoard them underground unless they build up too much
Makes sense , bolas attract scavengers and predators. Interesting how both tarantulas and traps burrow but they are very different, very few tarantulas make trap doors.