What type of water do you use?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Trouble said:
I use distilled! PLease tell me if that is bad people! Thanks!
I do as well, and have had no problems. I was told when I got my first one they could not have the chlorine and floride in the tap water.

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Windchaser said:
I also use tap water. I would be a bit concerned about using distilled water since it will not have any mineral content at all. Pretty much every living things does require some additional nutrients from its water source and distilled water would not provide any of that.
I've also heard that since distilled is just pure h2O it will absorb and take away nutirents from the body, so it is not really good for people either.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I fill up my watering bottle with plain old tap water right from the fawcet. It has time for the chlorine to escape, and I fill my Ts water bowls from this bottle. All my Ts are A-OK.

PS- I fill your bottled water that you by at the store from my tap too, its not really mountain spring water from France. ;P

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't like mineral deposits

I use well water, which I demineralize by passing it through a carbon-filter Brita water pitcher.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
for my Brachypelma i use water distilled from corona beer, this way i'm sure they get mexican water.
for the pokies i have a problem, Indian beer is so expensive to import! but hey everything for the hobby!

chemosh6969

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I make my own pure water from Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms.

I don't see how the rest of you could give your pets water when you don't know where it comes from. It's just as bad a feeding them crickets from the wild.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
i use filtered water..bought a 2.5 gallon jug and then when its empty they have a machine with water thats been filtered a number of different ways for 30 cents a gallon. i drink that as well. but when i'm low i drink tap water till i get more from the store. ts drink better than i do sometimes haha.

then again, the tap water in this area has a yellow tinge to it...never noticed for a while cause i pretty much always use the same (yellow) cup.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't see how the rest of you could give your pets water when you don't know where it comes from.
Lol, I know where my water comes from: 60 feet below my house:) It's just that it's full of iron and who-knows-how-many other minerals. I drink the filtered stuff myself.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
chemosh6969 said:
I make my own pure water from Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms.

I don't see how the rest of you could give your pets water when you don't know where it comes from. It's just as bad a feeding them crickets from the wild.
Well, I doubt you actually make your own water, but I am not sure if you are serious about your other statement or not. But it should be mentioned that the vast majority of bottled water sold these days comes from municipal water supplies. The same supplies in fact that your tap water comes from.

BTW, my tap water comes from Lake Michigan.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
metallica said:
for my Brachypelma i use water distilled from corona beer, this way i'm sure they get mexican water.
for the pokies i have a problem, Indian beer is so expensive to import! but hey everything for the hobby!
Try Cobra Eddy, it's pretty cheap from most supermarkets!

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Water? My spiders get the vente skim latte with a touch of cinnamon...

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lopez said:
Try Cobra Eddy, it's pretty cheap from most supermarkets!
i thought that was Pakistan beer..... i did not want to start a riot with my spiders!

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
metallica said:

{D {D ROFLMAO {D {D

Got any African species? What do you give them? :D

---
Wendy
---

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
with all the commercials on TV about help Africa, i think it is unfair to give my African spiders any water.

Sevenrats

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use bottled spring water. Nothing fancy. The cheap stuff at the supermarket.

RedSkies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If it's importantto you, I have read that just about the most pure H20 you can get easily is Dasani (bottled by Coke). They sell the exact same water to medical companies to use as IV fluid.