What's the cutest thing about tarantulas?

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
My little 2” G. pulchripes has such a strong feeding response, that when it feeds, it usually flips over onto its back and wrestles with its prey.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Got it...okay...yeah. I feed again next Monday, I'll snap an image...it’s pretty cool.

Halley

Arachnopeon
I like how my little P. machala raises itself up off the substrate and walks around doing a happy dance after it catches a cricket, looks almost like it's showing it off like a trophy lol. It also hates when I fill the water dish, if I take it out the enclosure to fill it then it doesn't care but if I fill it in the enclosure it runs over to slap the stream of water.

jacob m greenwood

Arachnopeon
My little 2” G. pulchripes has such a strong feeding response, that when it feeds, it usually flips over onto its back and wrestles with its prey.
mines the same, one time i dropped a adult red runner into its enclosure and it chased it down and death rolled. this was a surprise cause mines only 1"

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
mines the same, one time i dropped a adult red runner into its enclosure and it chased it down and death rolled. this was a surprise cause mines only 1"
So you've seen this behavior as well? I found it crazy interesting the first time I saw it.

I was wanting to shoot a short video to show this behavior...and now the little terd has sealed off its burrow for the last few days.

I'm guessing premoult. :bag:

jacob m greenwood

Arachnopeon
So you've seen this behavior as well? I found it crazy interesting the first time I saw it.

I was wanting to shoot a short video to show this behavior...and now the little terd has sealed off its burrow for the last few days.

I'm guessing premoult. :bag:
Yeah mine has a crazy feeding response almost as good as my N chromatus. mines molting as im typing this aswell, cant wait to see them all fresh and ready to eat.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
My little G. pulchripes has just started to show the earliest indications of the adult coloration, and now with each moult it will get more and more distinct. I can't wait to see the little guy all fresh and ready to eat as well. My grandsons love him.

The feeding response is just amazing...

jacob m greenwood

Arachnopeon
yeah i love my little guy, finally looking like a tarantula after 10 months of raising them up from a 1cm sling. glad i haven't seen that fasting behavior everyone talks about

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
I need to add my baumgarteni to the list. Last night I filled his water dish and he wanders up wondering why his enclosure is moved. Sees the water and threat postures. When that didn't work he slapped the water dish. After that didn't work he climbed into the water dish and slapped like three times. Soaked himself and then crawled away defeated lol. I think I'm gonna name him Slaps

My hamorii named Grumps was awesome last night too. Gave it a decapitated mealworm that it showed no interest in. I went back an hour later and it was standing on top of it's water dish happy dancing (minus the spins) with it's mealie hanging out of it's mouth. Stayed up there for like an hour on its tippy toes :)