Which slings are the most hardy?

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
I plan on getting more slings since all my Ts have grown to a decent size

gabrieldezzi

Arachnosquire
OBT and my Pamphobeteus sp. platyomma were the only species I raised from slings that made it. Not sure particularly abt their hardiness but OBTs I know are hardy for sure if you're ready for that jump

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Almost all slings are hardy that are established in the hobby.

Denn

Dipluridae Enthusiast
Old Timer
Have heard of people having problems with Theraphosa genus slings, but this is likely due to inadequate moisture/ventilation. Personally though, like Liquifin mentioned, you shouldn't have any problems with any T sling that has already been established in the hobby.

OBT and my Pamphobeteus sp. platyomma were the only species I raised from slings that made it. Not sure particularly abt their hardiness but OBTs I know are hardy for sure if you're ready for that jump
I agree OBT's seem to be rather "bullet proof" as slings, and put on size quick, having other species die off likely means there is a husbandry issue somewhere along the lines.

gabrieldezzi

Arachnosquire
Have heard of people having problems with Theraphosa genus slings, but this is likely due to inadequate moisture/ventilation. Personally though, like Liquifin mentioned, you shouldn't have any problems with any T sling that has already been established in the hobby.

I agree OBT's seem to be rather "bullet proof" as slings, and put on size quick, having other species die off likely means there is a husbandry issue somewhere along the lines.
Yup agreed

Wolf135

Arachnoknight

My obt sling died for some reason, my guess is the cold killed it during winter

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Lasiodora are very good choice .
T gigas I had the most issues with. Everything else was pretty hardy p antinus was fragile now there so expensive forget about me getting more . I haven’t tried Theraphosa genus slings.
This has good suggestions

Denn

Dipluridae Enthusiast
Old Timer
My obt sling died for some reason, my guess is the cold killed it during winter
Maybe! not sure where you are but I haven't had any issues keeping them at 18c (64f) during UK winters. My T's never see that low of a temp anymore, but certainly didn't have any problems in the past. Perhaps you were just unlucky.

Lasiodora are very good choice .
T gigas I had the most issues with. Everything else was pretty hardy p antinus was fragile now there so expensive forget about me getting more . I haven’t tried Theraphosa genus slings.
This has good suggestions
T gigas? not sure its had that name for a while now ;)

Amazonius germani (2022) <- ex Psudoclamoris gigas (2018) <- ex Tapinauchenius gigas. Could even have possibly been reclassified again as Tapinauchenius plumipes.

CutThroat Kid

Arachnoknight
Just get established, arid-climate, juvenile tarantulas if you keep losing slings. Then all you need worry about is feeding/filling water.

freedomisle

Arachnopeon
I've never lost a sling. I just keep my room at a reasonable temperature and overflow the water dish approximately once a week. I treat them all the same, whether it was a G.pulchra, C.versicolor, P.murinus, C.darlingi or p.regalis.. they all flourished doing this.

Also: buy a pack of tattoo ink cups. You can buy 100 for like £3. They make great sling water bowls.