Which T scares you the most?

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, my Stromatopelma calceatum is a devil, but it doesn't come out attacking. It doesn't bother me. It escaped once and ran on my arm, but it didn't try anything...phew. The scariest T for me has got to be my female Citharischius crawshayi. I remember taking her out at delivery to put her in her new home. Oh my god did that suck. Mind you I have a good amount of aggressive Ts... Poekies, S. calceatum, H. maculata, Haplopelmas, etc. The reigning king or terror is the King Baboon (no pun intended...well, maybe a little). Shouldn't these be called the Queen Baboon? Anyway, about 20 strikes later, I evaded enough to get her in her cage. Those were some terrifying 5 seconds. I dred... DRED... changing her substrate. Imagine a grenade that was filled with broken glass inside your mouth that was to detonate in 5 seconds. This is about the terror level you have with a King 5 yards away from you. :)

The Sickness

joe8421

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how can Ts scare me ,i love nearly all of them,but we should respect them (except G spp and Avi spp as i said)

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Heteroscodra Maculata causes me concern mainy because of her ability to camouflage herself. She seems to appear out of nowhere.
Jason

scolex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a mature male blondi that was the Spawn Of Satan. We called him SOS even. .
I second the T. blondi from what I have kept so far! I handled it when it was around 3" I hope I have the nerver later!!

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Adult pokies. I dont mind the smaller ones but the 6"+ ones seriously freak me out. Lol

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So far, an obt was by far the meanest or should I say most defensive T I have had. It was nuts and very quick. It would flop all over the tank and lay on its back with its fangs out. Will not get another.

apidaeman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Stents birdeater the only one I have personally seen was 2.5", it was enough to convince me I don't want one. Might be different if their venom wasn't so potent.
I sure would hate to see how it acts when it's all grown up:eek: .

I have alot of T's this one is a very dangerous T. Honestly even the most advanced T keepers should really think long and hard before getting one.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have an H. mac and an H. lividum, but they are still pretty small. My Chilobrachys huahini is definitely intimidating. She's prone to sudden, lightning fast charges and only sometimes warns with a threat display. she's the worst combination of aggressive and unpredictable.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would have to say my Haplopelma Huwenum female is a feisty girl aswell as my female apophysis who is big and allways angry:mad: But i dont fear any of my pets, i just give them proper respect.

Taylor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I "respect" my OBT the most. my blondi is a baby campared. My P. cancerides puts up a fight but still doesnt come close.
Tay

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thus is the key to successful T keeping, well said Thomas.:clap:
I hope so;-)

But i would never dream of buying any kind of animal if i feel afraid of it. Just being aware of the species of T i am dealing with and act accordingly the way i do.

But i do have one kind of animals i REALLY HATE... roaches aaaargh, i really dislike them and they are only here because of my T´s need good food;) I have handled many of my T´s, but i NEVER touch these little ugly beasts:?

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They are smaller than my hand and trapped in boxes. Kind of hard to be scared of any of them.

Sammie

Arachnopeon
I guess it's my Nhandu cromatus, she even tryes to attack the water when i moisture her enclosure:eek:

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a few--my most aggressive ones are all females, lol: 8" L. parahybana, 6" P. cancerides, and 6" P. nigricolor. None of these girls will even let me give them water without trying to attack. My husband and I call my L. parahybana girl, 'the face hugger,' in reference to the movie, Alien. {D

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i can't say i'm scared of any T, but i think i'd be a little unnerved by one of them 13-inch T. blondis i'm always hearing about everywhere except here.

as for which of mine is the most intimidating, my P. cancerides.

-Rob

Last edited: