Who molted today?

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Technically today but very early. I was awake at 1:00 in the morning today and then I finally went to sleep so not last night. And I dont know when, but sometime probaly betwen 1:30 to 8:30 she molted. Now I woke at 9:00 and when I whent to chek on my tarantula, i noteced that she was in a weird position and as I was turning the cage I saw something to my left and IT WAS HER! Perfectly fine and just chilling on the side of the wall in the cage! And i went to check what that was and she molted! Now that was very cool. Im assuming she molted right after i went to slep or mabye when i was going to sleep because she did not seem to be streching when i woke up. Well it was all pretty cool and i did serch up picturs of fully grown Avicularea and my tarantula was about there size and this is only the third time she molted and I have had her seince january 10th LAST YEAR 2023... So i really dont know how old she is. But it was crazy! :Side note: So my mom wants to see it but she will wake up at 10:30 so i dont know if I should keep it in their untill 10:30 or take it out now. What should I do?
You can just leave it in it won't hurt your t n congratulations 😉

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Technically today but very early. I was awake at 1:00 in the morning today and then I finally went to sleep so not last night. And I dont know when, but sometime probaly betwen 1:30 to 8:30 she molted. Now I woke at 9:00 and when I whent to chek on my tarantula, i noteced that she was in a weird position and as I was turning the cage I saw something to my left and IT WAS HER! Perfectly fine and just chilling on the side of the wall in the cage! And i went to check what that was and she molted! Now that was very cool. Im assuming she molted right after i went to slep or mabye when i was going to sleep because she did not seem to be streching when i woke up. Well it was all pretty cool and i did serch up picturs of fully grown Avicularea and my tarantula was about there size and this is only the third time she molted and I have had her seince january 10th LAST YEAR 2023... So i really dont know how old she is. But it was crazy! :Side note: So my mom wants to see it but she will wake up at 10:30 so i dont know if I should keep it in their untill 10:30 or take it out now. What should I do?
I generally leave them alone, molt included, while they harden up.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Denali, smug little Sericopelma sp Darien, already munching on her molt. Her pink socks are gone, I'm gutted
PXL_20240330_021203279.jpg

Woke up to a suprise molt this morning. My 2.5 inch A. Moderatum male molted overnight and is now a very leggy, very small mature male. I was hoping to breed this species, as I am close to their native range and would like to see more bred and less taken from the wild. I figured it would be another year or two before he molted again, much less became mature! Needless to say I was not prepared, and will probably be listing him in the classifieds here. View attachment 469973
Check the classifieds, I got my gorgeous female from @Triprion, he still had one last time I stalked his ad

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Denali, smug little Sericopelma sp Darien, already munching on her molt. Her pink socks are gone, I'm gutted
View attachment 470018
give her a few moults n she will be so black she will make a pulchra look gray and you won't even miss the socks 😉
They are like looking into the void and blend with the shadows perfectly 🥰

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
give her a few moults n she will be so black she will make a pulchra look gray and you won't even miss the socks 😉
They are like looking into the void and blend with the shadows perfectly 🥰
Thank you for keeping me focused on the important things like the void 😍

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Thank you for keeping me focused on the important things like the void 😍
Your welcome
Things come, this is my 7.5 inch af 😊
20240320_073820.jpg
Her in her full glory 20240321_184331.jpg
And her being one with the shadows 😊

They are truly gorgeous and a moult or 2 your girl will be just as sleek and dark 😉

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Couple to report today

Don Juan Theraphosinae sp Dorado moulted I can't see the moult but we have gone from looking like a small tick to being slim line n tbh we have that many burrows moult could be anywhere 🤷🏻‍♀️ 20240329_134905.jpg

Shu my Theraphosidae sp Mandarin moulted all looks good and we went from 1cm to 2cm and are starting to get some adult colours 😊 20240329_134603.jpg

Dolly my now confirmed female Sericopelma sp Azuero has moulted, not only first moult in my care but she was very polite and threw the moult out for me and while I have no pic of her yet there was 2 n 3/4 inches on the moult and a pic of her girl bits for reference. 20240330_142004.jpg

Well done little ones 👏

sparticus

Arachnoknight
T. Longicolli male is making preparations for a molt today. Wouldn't be surprised if he molts out mature, we shall see. Good luck little dude! 20240330_120020.jpg
Update- all limbs are out and we've still got toes on the palps. Officially not mature yet, and molt appears successful. 😊 20240330_150949.jpg

Last edited:

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
These molted earlier in the week, just hadn't had time to post...

0.0.1 Theraphosinae sp. cuzco, 1.5" DLS
20240326_001007.jpg
20240326_203634.jpg

1.0 Monocentropus balfouri MM, around 4.5" DLS
20240325_013625.jpg
20240325_235756.jpg

I'm traveling through next Saturday, so I should have a bunch of molts to record when I get back home...

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
One moult yesterday Vivian my Tliltocatl sabulosum moulted, silly spood moulted upright but tipped over halfway so he got out fine and everything looks great and he is definitely due a rehousing now .
20240331_120306.jpg
When I first noticed he was upright. 20240331_123019.jpg
Sketty legs after he had finished. 20240401_080855.jpg
A good stretch this morning those legs got so long 😆 I haven't pulled the moult so no dls or moult pic this time, waiting till he moves away from it 😊.
Well done little man 😊

444 critters

Arachnosquire
Hopefully my male Gbb has a successful molt 🤞🤞 20240401_195710.jpg 20240401_210139.jpg
20240401_210909.jpg

So far, so good. We shall see tomorrow if he matured or not 💪

Edit.. now that I'm off work, and able to see him out and about. He isn't mature yet.. no baby making anytime soon 😭

Last edited:

corydalis

Arachnoknight
1.0(?) Aphonopelma seemanni

After my (recently confirmed) female now it was my suspected male’s turn to do a flip and complete a molt. He decided to do it on the surface which was quite of an interesting choice considering that it’s basically a steep slope thanks to the guy’s systematic earthworks. He did a not very thorough job with his molt mat, then he flipped. Checked him couple of hours later but to my utter surprise he was nowhere to be found, so I took a closer look at the enclosure to find this:
IMG_8086.JPG
Looks like he rolled down during the process and ended up at the burrow entrance in a relatively lucky position, there weren’t much space, but still enough to complete the molt. It was a rather unorthodox way to do it, but looks like he likes to live dangerously.