WHOA! Bad molt out of nowhere please help!

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How big is she? Do you think you're going to breed her?
She's probably about 3" or just over that now. Hopefully she'll gain some good size this next molt AND fix the problem completely. As for breeding, that's definitely not a priority right now. She's probably too young, and I would want her to molt a few more times without any problems first just to be safe.

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update!!!!

Just checked on her a few seconds ago and she is molting as I type this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *fingers crossed* *praying* I'll be sure to let everybody know how it went in just a bit!!!...

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She's probably about 3" or just over that now. Hopefully she'll gain some good size this next molt AND fix the problem completely. As for breeding, that's definitely not a priority right now. She's probably too young, and I would want her to molt a few more times without any problems first just to be safe.
I was just wondering because it could be genetic (couldnt it?:? :? )
Good luck with her on this molt! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

HerbertWest

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wish you the best of luck..ive lost a few of my beauties from bad molt so i hope everything turns out ok

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good luck to this beautiful T!

I know some pesticides mess around with the molting hormones. I wonder if this could play a part. Also, I know that at least with some arthropods darkness promotes the secretion of ecdysone(molt promoter), whereas light inhibits it.

Marcink125

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think this has happenned because of lack of proper nutrition so the exoskeloton did not form properly and is very thin. I suggest to put liquid band aid on the exposed/ abdomen to make sure the abdomen doesn't rupture.

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was just wondering because it could be genetic (couldnt it?:? :? )
Good luck with her on this molt! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I doubt it. Bad molts happen all the time to many species, probably due to other factors and environmental stresses. I have no plans on breeding her anytime soon anyway. Should any more molts go bad from this point on, I may consider not breeding her though.

I wish you the best of luck..ive lost a few of my beauties from bad molt so i hope everything turns out ok
Thanks!!!

Good luck to this beautiful T!

I know some pesticides mess around with the molting hormones. I wonder if this could play a part. Also, I know that at least with some arthropods darkness promotes the secretion of ecdysone(molt promoter), whereas light inhibits it.
Highly doubt the pesticides theory but ya never know. And to the light, hmm never thought of that, good to know! She doesn't get very much light though (the towel blocks it and plus I've been keeping the house warmer and so the light is never on anymore anyway)

I think this has happenned because of lack of proper nutrition so the exoskeloton did not form properly and is very thin. I suggest to put liquid band aid on the exposed/ abdomen to make sure the abdomen doesn't rupture.
Well it's too late for that lol but yes I definitely thought it was lack of nutrition for a few reasons. I got this spider from a dealer on this site. Her abdomen was white and bald, hardly fat for a brachy too, and after 2 weeks in my care without eating despite many tries (I caught her drinking a lot though) she went into premolt for another couple weeks and then this happened. It was pretty dry in her enclosure too so a lack of proper humidity to molt probably didn't help. (She molted while I was away for a couple days)

Another update: She's seconds away from pulling all the way out!!!!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think this has happenned because of lack of proper nutrition so the exoskeloton did not form properly and is very thin.
I am curious what you base this on.

It was pretty dry in her enclosure too so a lack of proper humidity to molt probably didn't help. (She molted while I was away for a couple days)
Humidity for this species, when it comes to molting, is not a factor at all.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wow! everyone's waiting! Here's to more prayers for your little girl....