Who's Behind the Computer - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morro_Narcissa

Arachnopeon
new pics

....and this is what i look like in fluorescent light. :) I got my super nerdy magnifying desk lamp hooked up.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Myself pictured with Iowa State University religious studies professor Hector Avalos.

I had an interview with him today which lasted roughly 53 minutes. Some really interesting stuff.

:)

I'm just now starting my rounds of interviews. Hopefully, this list will continue to grow.

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Myself pictured with Iowa State University religious studies professor Hector Avalos.
You could have least cleaned your room up. Unless that was the professor's office, then it looks like my desk at work.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

I had an interview with him today which lasted roughly 53 minutes. Some really interesting stuff.

:)

I'm just now starting my rounds of interviews. Hopefully, this list will continue to grow.

Ok, Joe. I dont mean to offend, but you went to a meeting with a professor looking like that??

IMO, you should have shaved, and worn more professional looking clothes. I understand they are scientists, and that image is less important, but looking clean cut and professional never hurts. Your trying to build up your reputation, and I think by going to meetings looking so sloppy you are just hurting it.

Good luck, either way.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok, Joe. I dont mean to offend, but you went to a meeting with a professor looking like that??

IMO, you should have shaved, and worn more professional looking clothes. I understand they are scientists, and that image is less important, but looking clean cut and professional never hurts. Your trying to build up your reputation, and I think by going to meetings looking so sloppy you are just hurting it.

Good luck, either way.
I realized that like 10 minutes before the interview. I am going to be lining up another round of interviews pertaining to different subjects soon (starting early next month) and will definitely be changing my look and personal style for those interviews.

It was the professor's desk, BTW.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Good luck, either way.
now you been told :eek: :embarrassed: you must be a good boy next time:liar: :liar: {D {D p.s. t.b. i hope she's NOT your mum {D or is she {D ;) :rolleyes: ~~~~ PHIL

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She's just looking out for me.

I'm the least socially competent person you'll ever meet, so any advice is appreciated ;).

Thanks, Sky.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Most of my professors look a lot worse off than you man. Then again, I am in the art building 97% of the time, we just seem to have a different flow there. Imagine having a prof that came to school in regular cloths, said it was "ok" to take stuff from the cafeteria to use, took students dumpster diving, didn't shave more than once a week, and you saw them at the bar every friday, lol.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Shoot...I wish my desk looked as organized as his does lol. Once a week I clean mine up to where I can kind of see the wood underneath...and in less than an hour it's lost again lol. But yeah, i was thinking the same thing about the clothing...I hope you at least showered beforehand ;)

Me at the swamp we have on my alma mater's campus (University of Louisiana - Lafayette), excuse the glare on my head :D (ok, you can't see the swamp in that picture but trust me, it's there...I may post some pics in another forum, complete with alligators)

my new sweetheart, too bad she lives 400 miles away in Dallas...luckily, plane tickets are only a couple hundred dollars :D and no, i did not meet her over the internet lol

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Shoot...I wish my desk looked as organized as his does lol. Once a week I clean mine up to where I can kind of see the wood underneath...and in less than an hour it's lost again lol. But yeah, i was thinking the same thing about the clothing...I hope you at least showered beforehand ;)

my new sweetheart, too bad she lives 400 miles away in Dallas...luckily, plane tickets are only a couple hundred dollars :D and no, i did not meet her over the internet lol

man 400 miles away :eek: good luck to you both :) :clap: and who needs the internet to find a sweetheart :liar: :liar: not me :liar: p.s. do not tell anyone ;) {D {D ~~~~ PHIL

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Nice pix ed ;)
How about you introduce your lady to the board :D
one day maybe...she liked my T's and aliens a lot. Even wanted to feed my L. parahybana which I was happy to oblige. She has a Russian tortoise (I forget scientific name but she hates common names too, said she thought she was the only one who used scientific) and a snapping turtle as her "exotics"...wants to setup a poison dart frog display and a saltwater aquarium too. I think we will do just fine together ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.