Why not X-breed or create hybrids?

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Pokie1 said:
Code, it appears that you make a lot of assumptions. For example, did it occur to you that maybe some newbies have never used a “search option” on a board and did not even know it existed? Or that someone might post something, sincerely hoping to discuss the topic? From your first response, I felt that you have been condescending, and arrogant. :embarrassed: What gives you the right to sit and pontificate about etiquette or what content is acceptable? Step down off your high horse and try looking at things from another's perspective. :evil:
Please refrain from shining the spotlight on your netiqette ignorance any further :wall:

This system that you chalk up to my "assumptions" goes back well over a decade. It's the very foundation of why the internet works as an informational source. If you want to start a grassroots campaign to turn the internet from the amazing resource it is into a gaggle of morons chattering at each other because they've driven everyone else off into private web boards and back to usenet (which is still where most of the real exchange on many topics goes on), feel free to try. You will not find much support because it netiquette that rules the day, not the "proletariat revolution" from those that don't understand why these "rules" exist in the first place.

Rather than shouting "Newbies Unite!", try learning something instead about why I have my "assumptions".

D4RK-3L3M3NT

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And why all this name-calling? Do you feel much more powerful insulting others in this way? If you do, well buddy, I sure hope you have real life friends. Seems to me that your attitude is perhaps interfering with relationships. Sure, people can back you up here all day long. After all, you're a "moderator" and that makes you special, powerful and a respectful individual. Let me give you a piece of advice here buddy, let go of the name calling (morons, ignorants, etc.) though it makes you look like an educated person, to a group of us you're just another leaf on the tree. Keep the moderator label, you can go ahead an ban me if you want - but I've made my point here and many are reading away. I need no back-up.

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
revxus said:
And why all this name-calling? Do you feel much more powerful insulting others in this way? If you do, well buddy, I sure hope you have real life friends. Seems to me that your attitude is perhaps interfering with relationships. Sure, people can back you up here all day long. After all, you're a "moderator" and that makes you special, powerful and a respectful individual. Let me give you a piece of advice here buddy, let go of the name calling (morons, ignorants, etc.) though it makes you look like an educated person, to a group of us you're just another leaf on the tree. Keep the moderator label, you can go ahead an ban me if you want - but I've made my point here and many are reading away. I need no back-up.
Ah, Code has had our respect long before he became a moderator (which he became recently). Think before you type.
Mike

Rourke

ArachnoProletariat
Old Timer
If this thread doesn't get back on topic pronto, it's only gonna go somewhere bad......

PLEASE, people!

Rourke

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Rourke said:
If this thread doesn't get back on topic pronto, it's only gonna go somewhere bad......

PLEASE, people!

Rourke

If we crossbred CM with Pokie1... :D

What would be the result?
And would the colors be more vibrant, or dull?
And by DOG, what would that do to the hobby, hey?

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
revxus said:
And why all this name-calling? Do you feel much more powerful insulting others in this way? If you do, well buddy, I sure hope you have real life friends.
I will not pour any more gasoline on this, I will just point out that if you can show where I called anyone specifically names I'd be curious to see that grammar diagrammed. I made some very general, illustrative statements to make a point. If people participating in this thread see themselves folded into my illustrative statements I can no more control their victim mentality then I can make George Bush speak clearly.

In fact, the only specific comment I made was telling Pokie1 that he was ignorant of netiquette. That is a true statement and if you perceive that as an insult I would ask that you review what ignorant means instead of what you perceive it to mean.

I *am* blunt, I am not a fuzzy & warm kitten, but I am here to help and nothing more but pointing out the value of searching first was intended. The funny thing is, I made a point of trying to head off this sort of whining and it still happened.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Ok, enough already.

Pokie1 said:
I was just noticing that many people go to great lengths to make sure that you have the same species and subspecies etc. when breeding Ts.
Why are you "just noticing" this? Does the basic premise that people would want to make sure they were breeding matching specimens somehow surprise you? What, exactly, is surprising about someone asking for a matching specimen in a breeding loan? I'll tell you... nothing. That's like someone advertising a Beagle for stud service and someone saying "that's so surprising that you want to breed it to another Beagle!". It doesn't make sense, and it's not a good premise to build your post on.

Pokie1 said:
Code, it appears that you make a lot of assumptions. For example, did it occur to you that maybe some newbies have never used a “search option” on a board and did not even know it existed? Or that someone might post something, sincerely hoping to discuss the topic? From your first response, I felt that you have been condescending, and arrogant. :embarrassed: What gives you the right to sit and pontificate about etiquette or what content is acceptable? Step down off your high horse and try looking at things from another's perspective. :evil:
Ok, first of all, he has the right to say anything WITHIN THE RULES, as does anyone here. You have obviously found your way around well enough to read several threads relating to T breeding/cross-breeding, so it's not unresonable to assume you've stumbled across the Search feature. It's in BOLD at the top of every screen in the forums as well as again at the top of every individual forum when viewing. Pardon people for thinking it's a bit fishy that you've accumulated enough information to ask this kind of question without somehow stumbling upon all the discussion that's taken place before.

Pokie1 said:
First of all, to help with that itchy head, :? you can try some Rid. Now, Dale, this theory of yours sounds more than a little paranoid. Do you drink beer with Hank Hill every night? ;P The reason I did not continue to participate is that it was made clear to me that my participation was not wanted. You should listen to your friend Icey. He has a good point.
Don't quit your day job, Mr. Funny Man. If you think this thread was anything other than an attempt to educate people, I suggest you think again. Take it personally if you want to, but it makes us a better community in the end if everyone learns how best to do thinkgs as quickly as possible.

Just take it for what it is... an adminition to try looking things up first. If someone didn't use enough smileys and it seemed as if they were being harsh, then give them the benefit of the doubt.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I actually read the whole thread, wow ....IMO hybrids are unnessecary and I wont ever be interested in them. The only example i can give is when i was a kid and played with G.I. Joe figurenes. I would take them apart and mix parts with other figures to make them better. In reality i came to realize that the new "hybrid figure" allways sucked and since these are action figures AKA inanimate objects the only thing i had to work with was looks. Now a days these things are worth some big bucks, had i not "hybridized" them i could have made some bucks off of them, now they are worthless. I could apply that same thinking to Tarantula hybrids as well.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
Blunt, and to the point is far more effective than holding someones hand while beating around the bush (unless you're here to type). I'm a "newbie", and have no problem with that. In fact, I am quite grateful that time is taken by others to help me correct my lack of internet ettiquette, and show me how to use the tools of this board. The latter being extremely important to a techo-tard such as myself..........

Please excuse the total disregard of the topic. I just don't like being lumped(united) together with people who use, in any other way than comical, these: :embarrassed: and ;P and :evil:

For the Topic:
Crossbreeding is the meddling of humans who let curiousity impair their judgment. Don't fix it if it isn't broke.