Would like name suggestions

Sydney A

Arachnopeon
My b. Smithi is a juvenile, very timid, no threat display but kicks hairs like crazy. I need a great name for her. My Rosie that started it all, I named Ripley from the Alien movies. I think that name is so awesome that Its hard to top. Any ideas? IMG_20150107_193236_kindlephoto-103912446.jpg

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Well, if you want to stick with the Thriller theme, you could go with Kristy after the girl from the first, second and sixth installments of the Hellraiser movies...or you could go with Nancy, after the chick from a few of the Nightmare on Elm Street flicks...or if you're more into Sci-fi there's Leeloo from The Fifth Element...

These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure someone else will come along with better suggestions LOL...

Gpappy31

Arachnopeon
HA! Thought I was the only one who used Ripley from Alien.

You have to get Xenomorph in there somehow,,,

Dizzle

Arachnoknight
I think Mr, or Ms. Smith would be even more obvious of a choice;)
Don't know the gender....Dr. Smith:smile:
Perhaps Agent Smith, or Smith for short. Keeps with the sci fi theme a bit being from the Matrix movie franchise.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
My b. Smithi is a juvenile, very timid, no threat display but kicks hairs like crazy. I need a great name for her. My Rosie that started it all, I named Ripley from the Alien movies. I think that name is so awesome that Its hard to top. Any ideas? View attachment 133990
HA! Thought I was the only one who used Ripley from Alien.

You have to get Xenomorph in there somehow,,,
My suspect female B. emilia is named Ripley after the great Ellen Ripley as well!

TsunamiSpike

Arachnosquire
Makes 3 of us...ok well not a T but my female Crestie is named Ripley too >.>

Spaceblues

Arachnopeon
I had a huge red tailed boa named Ripley and then a smaller one named Newt. Great names!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Me myself.. I like to name T's after things..

The best name you could give anything is

LUNCHBOX

Hanska

Arachnobaron
I also have named the Ts I have named with a movie character theme. Included is my B.smithi female "Vasquez" from Aliens.

I forsee Poec54 coming soon to suggest you call it/him/her Brachypelma smithi, 'cause giving names to tarantulas is stupid:laugh:

assidreemz

Arachnosquire
I also have named the Ts I have named with a movie character theme. Included is my B.smithi female "Vasquez" from Aliens.

I forsee Poec54 coming soon to suggest you call it/him/her Brachypelma smithi, 'cause giving names to tarantulas is stupid:laugh:

OOOoooOOooOOoO burn
ya very good one, seeing as you are condemning an individual for attempting to spread knowledge and teach people the correct labels of these wonderful animals.
PPPLLLLLLLLTTT
*disappears in a cloud of flatulence*

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
Mine is called Clarice, for Silence of the Lambs. I work with animals, and when I'm demonstrating our spiders (G. rosea/porteri largely) the first thing people always ask is what they're named. It definitely helps people connect, especially those that are a little scared. Suddenly it's not a big scary spider, it's Charlotte or Rosie or Big Bob (or Incy Wincy, if they're very small children, and we all get to sing to her). After that they want to hear where it's from, about the anatomy, how they eat, etc. Maybe it seems overly sentimental to some, but I find giving it a name makes the primal urge to kill it with fire much less pronounced, haha!

Anyway, some people name their cars ;)

arach619

Arachnopeon
I've got a BP named Ripley to +1 the Alien count and Molotov, Tank, Gumby, and Dot are some of my T's. Names do help when trying to educate the masses. People have a hard time killing off my characters due to their charming personalities and well-thought out backstories.

Sana

Arachnoprince
Mine is called Clarice, for Silence of the Lambs. I work with animals, and when I'm demonstrating our spiders (G. rosea/porteri largely) the first thing people always ask is what they're named. It definitely helps people connect, especially those that are a little scared. Suddenly it's not a big scary spider, it's Charlotte or Rosie or Big Bob (or Incy Wincy, if they're very small children, and we all get to sing to her). After that they want to hear where it's from, about the anatomy, how they eat, etc. Maybe it seems overly sentimental to some, but I find giving it a name makes the primal urge to kill it with fire much less pronounced, haha!

Anyway, some people name their cars ;)
We do the same thing here with similar results. It's an interesting shift to observe in people. Give a pet a familiar name and it's suddenly not so scary and foreign to their mind. All of our tarantulas end up with nicknames for this reason, even the ones that don't travel to schools etc., since we often have people over to the house and then everybody is an ambassador. We had a gods and godesses theme going but I'm thinking about wrecking that my calling my Pamphobeteus "Pig".

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Well, if it kicks all the time, Sydney, you could call it Jackie (Chan) or Bruce (Lee). :biggrin:

But seriously, the sky's the limit when it comes to names. Mine are usually some kind of play on words on their names. For example, my LD sling. LD is very close to L.L.D. (dentist), so I called it Novacaine. :)